Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Local Procurement Partner in our Brooklyn Park, Minnesota office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Local Procurement Partner working on the Manufacturing and Supply team, you will be empowered to manage end-user service delivery and support operational issues, and a typical day will include:
The Local Procurement Partner s (Manufacturing & Supply) primary focus is end-user service delivery through oversight of smooth execution of all day-to-day procurement activity, on-site business partnering and where not covered elsewhere operational buying activity. They will be the first line support for manufacturing and supply operational issues on the site(s) that LPP is responsible for and will be accountable for high levels of customer service and business partnering at the site(s). They will be a critical on-site liaison to link Manufacturing and Supply Category teams, P&S teams and Regional Procurement Leads initiatives and ensure successful implementations.
As the primary Business Partner for manufacturing and supply related site-level business partnering, they will be responsible for local requirements gathering to support global, regional and market initiatives and for supporting the local implementation of above site initiatives at the site(s) that they are responsible for as directed by the Manufacturing and Supply Procurement Operations Lead, project manager pool and category teams. This will require an understanding of the Category Management approach.
This position will manage compliance with procurement responsibilities in line with local business requirements, with a focus on meeting the agreed local business requirements through the successful provision of goods and services from external third parties. This will involve the execution of local spend categories and ad-hoc buying activities, including e-Sourcing and transactional (boilerplate) contracting. In addition, they are responsible for converting above country negotiated contracts into local contracts and supporting roll-out of these arrangements within their location.
They are required to participate in sufficient relevant training and skills development to ensure continuous improvement.
They will require business level fluency in their region s primary operating language as well as the primary business language of the site(s) that they are responsible for. Additional competence in other relevant languages will be considered beneficial.
Business Partnering Accountabilities:
- Identify specific local operational stakeholders and perform the role of primary Procurement Business Partner for the site(s) under their responsibility
- Engage operational stakeholder(s) for the collation of business partner requirements and translate requirements into Procurement activities, providing appropriate challenges to demand or specification where relevant
- Identify appropriate Procurement resource to carry out requested activities
- Monitor progress of request and provide regular scheduled updates to business requestor
- Ensure business partners and end users have sufficient process and systems support at site level
- Provide first line support to end-users for operational issues, customer service issues or other issue areas that directly relate to the site(s) that they are responsible for
Category Management and Business Accountabilities:
- Gather supplier, market, category, internal business data and internal business partner requirements and priorities as requested by the Manufacturing Supply and Operations Lead or Category teams and providing support for local implementation of global and regional initiatives as required (e.g. providing market research, supply market analysis or supplier discovery across the manufacturing and supply category within their region)
- Responsible for driving procurement penetration across manufacturing and supply spend for the site(s) that they are responsible for and ensuring this spend is channeled through the appropriate processes. This will include agreeing targets with the Manufacturing and Supply Procurement Operations Lead and performing to those targets.
- Provide summarized site level input to the Category Strategy (including sub-category strategy and region-specific category strategy) for specified categories within the Manufacturing and Supply cluster
- Provide input into the top-down target setting process via the Manufacturing and Supply Procurement Operations Lead
- Provide site level input into the development of the Annual Category Plan (short to medium term outlook) and support communication of the Annual Plan with business partners and end users
- Support the execution of site level projects in line with the Annual Plan and targeted goals, as directed by the Manufacturing and Supply Procurement Operations Leads
- Ensure Procurement targets at site are aligned to the Manufacturing and Supply Category team planning and provide site level reporting against Procurement Balanced Scored measures and Value Contribution targets (operational metrics, savings, quality etc) to the Manufacturing and Supply Procurement Operation Lead
- Support the Manufacturing and Supply Procurement Operations Lead in ensuring a robust approach to Supplier Performance and Innovation (SP&I), supported by members of the SP&I team and:
- Provide site level inputs into the overall category segmentation and identification of key supplier relationships
- Implement and monitor consistent and harmonized KPIs and SLAs for local suppliers
- Manage local supplier relationships as agreed in the supplier segmentation
- Ensure the SP&I Framework is executed for the category at a site level through a periodic and cross functional supplier evaluation effort which reports on supplier performance and day-to-day relationship issues
- Ensure compliance at a site level for contracts from category / regional / functional projects
- Proactively manage innovation with site strategic suppliers based on the SP&I Framework, with support from the SP&I team
- Perform the creation, application and completion of contracts resulting from site level sourcing projects
- Implement global and regional contracts at a site level with support from the Manufacturing and Supply Procurement Operations Lead and global and regional category teams
- Ensure negotiated contracts are clearly communicated at a site level to ensure they are consistently applied
- Ensure the contract database is up to date and accurate for site activity
- Act as the first point of contact at sites in the case of supplier quality issues
- Ensure that any supplier performance risks and issues on a site level are resolved on a timely basis to end user satisfaction
- Provide outputs to the Manufacturing and Supply Procurement Operations Lead for communications to the global and regional category teams
- Monitor compliance and adherence to the Procurement Policy and other organisational and category-specific policies and procedures at a site level
Operational Procurement Accountabilities:
- Provide first line support to end-users for operational buying issues for sites that they are responsible for
- Take responsibility for understanding any current or planned sourcing projects which may influence operational buying behaviour
- Transactional contracting in accordance with agreed contract clauses and frameworks, liaising with Regional legal support as required
- Maintenance of effective buying channels to facilitate end-user request processes and shorten cycle times
- Ensure operational Procurement targets and KPIs on customer service are tracked and performed against for the site(s) under their responsibility. This includes identifying risks and issues to the delivery of these targets to the Manufacturing and Supply Procurement Operations Lead or Category teams as appropriate.
- Address compliance issues and ensure these are resolved in a timely manner with escalation to the Manufacturing and Supply Procurement Operational Lead where appropriate
- Address internal issues and ensure these are resolved in a timely manner with escalation to the Manufacturing and Supply Procurement Operational Lead where appropriate
- Support process optimization efforts (e.g. consignment stock, Supplier Managed Inventory (SMI), e-invoicing, supplier financing)
- Inform the relevant Category Manager or Manufacturing and Supply Procurement Operations Lead where repeated requests are made for services or products which are not currently provided by preferred suppliers / catalogs
Transactional Procurement and Process and Systems (P&S) Accountabilities:
- Support the implementation of new local or cross-divisional Process and Systems (P&S) projects in alignment with Global P&S teams and under the guidance of the Manufacturing and Supply Procurement Operations Lead and / or category teams
- Once implemented help identify and support continuous improvement activities to drive additional value within the site(s) under their responsibility with guidance from the Manufacturing and Supply Procurement Operations Lead and / or Category teams
- Encourage the right / optimum usage of the tools by the Local Procurement (manufacturing and non G&A) resources as guided by the Global P&S team.
- Deliver helpdesk / hotline service for Procurement tools to all Manufacturing and Supply functions and end users at a site level
- Maintain and update eCatalogues for site related spend to reflect business partners requirements and end user needs
- If required, manage any outsourced partner in terms of transactional tasks
Professional Development Accountabilities:
- Perform continuous professional development activities relevant to their area and ensure training in processes and systems relevant to their position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Degree level educated, with business related degree preferable
- Business level fluency in primary language in site(s) under their responsibility
- 3+ years Procurement experience with experience in supporting cost reduction projects, value improvement programs, basic contracting, eSourcing and spot buying
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated understanding of how to translate business requirements into Procurement operations and specifications with best value and customer service in mind.
- Strong local stakeholder skills to adequately perform the business partnering role
- Demonstrated capability in upwards management
- Experience or demonstrated understanding in Category Management principles and frameworks and the development of sourcing strategies
- Proven Financial and Business Acumen (e.g. TCO, TEI, NPV & Cost Modeling)
- Demonstrated understanding of some / all of the major Manufacturing and Supply direct spend categories and potential cost levers or market fundamentals
- Experience in providing customer support over multiple countries
- Experience or knowledge of offshore or shared service operating environments
- Expert proficiency in basic MS Office software
- Proficient in Procurement specific systems and processes for the efficient management of sourcing events and contract negotiations (e.g. eSourcing, eAuction) with familiarity and awareness of relevant legal risks and issues
- Post graduate business related qualification
- Demonstrated ability in collating, organizing, analyzing and reporting complex financial data with solid grounding in basic procurement and financial processes and systems.
- Documented international strategic sourcing, category management and / or cost reduction experience
- Pharmaceutical Industry or Management Consulting experience
- Experience with enterprise systems (SAP, Oracle) and Procurement / procure-to-pay tools such as (e.g. Ariba, Emptoris, SAP, SMR) is preferred
- Competence or fluency in other regional languages, English and / or Japanese strongly encouraged
- Any Professional Purchasing (e.g. CIPS) or Finance related licenses or certifications would be considered advantageous
Ability to travel (air and ground both domestic and internationally) up to 30% for meetings at Takeda and supplier sites.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please