Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Sr Financial Accounting Analyst in our Deerfield office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Sr Financial Accounting Analyst working on the U.S. Accounting Shared Services team, you will be empowered and a typical day will include:
The purpose of this position is to conduct the more technically complex activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts and for developing financial statements and reports. Additionally, this position leads the preparation of budget/forecast for assigned areas as well as monthly budget to actual analysis. The Senior Financial Accounting Analyst may also provide direction and training to less experienced accounting staff on an informal basis.The purpose of this position is to conduct the more technically complex activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts and for developing financial statements and reports. Additionally, this position leads the preparation of budget/forecast for assigned areas as well as monthly budget to actual analysis. The Senior Financial Accounting Analyst may also provide direction and training to less experienced accounting staff on an informal basis.
On a monthly basis prepare and submit to Corporate Reporting group located in Tokyo, Japan statutory and managerial financial statements for legal entity assigned. Required financial statement information includes income statement, balance sheet, and disclosure information. Analyst is responsible for ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the information which entails working with various functional groups within Takeda. After submission of results, Corporate Reporting group may inquire about various aspects of submission. Analyst is expected to research and address questions.
Monthly, analyze assigned accounts (P&L and Balance Sheet) for responsible areas. Based on analysis, prepare and post journal entries to accounting system to ensure income statement and balance sheet are accurate. Areas of responsibility may include but are not limited to: Sales Reporting, Investments, Intangible Assets, Royalties, Inventory, Employee Benefits (including Share Based Compensation) and Intercompany.
- Develop detailed explanation for variances between actual and plan on a monthly basis for assigned areas. (For example, if responsible for royalty expense journal entries, then responsibility also includes explaining variance between actual vs. budgeted royalty expense).
Research and respond to questions to support required audits; may require cross-functional collaboration. (Annual audits to support external reporting by Corporate Reporting group, IRS audits for US tax return, Royalty and other audits to support Alliance Management, and Internal Audit for J-Sox and good business practices.)
- Lead financial planning processes for assigned areas. (For example, work collaborately with Global Benefits and the various US operating Companies to calculate the appropriate employee benefit expense rate for annual Plan taking into consideration changes in program design and organizational structure).
- Design and distribute monthly/quarterly reporting packages to senior management, summarizing financial results.
Develops, or assists in developing, accounting methods and/or procedures through detailed review of Takeda s Global Accounting policies as well as research of IFRS. Formulate conclusions from that research and present to management. (For example, research acceptable valuational methodologies and inputs to appropriately value and report Takeda s share based compensation program.)
Prepare and submit required government financial surveys.
Administer online account reconciliation process, ensuring compliance with J-Sox controls.
Participate in Accounting and Broader Finance Department Projects. (For example, prepare for system upgrades, new system roll-outs as well as implementing new accounting guidance.)
- Design and implement solutions to streamline processes and create operational efficiencies. (For example, collaborate with Financial systems and functions to improve quality of data going into Takeda s financial systems).
- Serve as financial representative on key cross-functional teams and proactively provide advisory services.
- May include team leadership activities or oversight of staff activities.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Bachelors degree in Accounting, or a Bachelors degree in Finance with relevant accounting coursework and 5+ years relevant accounting experience
- 5+ years of corporate accounting or finance experience, or 3+ years of public accounting experience with a Masters degree
Accounting understanding of moderately complex accounting concepts and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP or IFRS) Company
Policies, Procedures and Process Flows understanding of how work is done and flow of business occurs within a multi-legal entity
Information Management comprehensive understanding of the methods and electronic tools used to store, retrieve, and process information
- Analytical - strong analytical skills with demonstrated business impact in previous position(s).
Problem Solving ability to identify problems associated with an application and provide specific solutions that resolve the problem
Communication ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written in a persuasive and appropriate manner
Customer Service ability to understand the concerns of the customer, provide timely response/feedback and develop solutions that meet/exceed customer needs
- Computer Skills basic software skills such as windows, spreadsheets and word processor
Attention to Detail ability to thoroughly analyze and identify key data points which impact the establishment and maintenance of new and existing accounts
Organization ability to maintain accurate and detailed records, files, etc.
- Prioritization ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Experience with large ERP systems desired, but not required
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e., computers, phones, etc.)
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.