US-WA, MEDICAL ADVISOR Job 421093300A1-MZ
|Requisition ID 49103BR|
Title MEDICAL ADVISOR
Job Category Research
Job Description PURPOSE:
Device R&D (DRD) has established a device research organisation in Seattle, US Device Research (USDR), with the purpose to explore and develop technology and medical devices with the potential to add value to patients and Novo Nordisk future business within therapeutic areas covered by Novo Nordisk corporate strategy.
The MEDICAL ADVISOR will act as an expert in interpreting data in a disease-centric context in order to give essential input to the design of attractive digital health products that balance satisfying user needs with innovative technical solutions and business potential according to Novo Nordisk corporate strategy.
The MEDICAL ADVISOR will be responsible for collaborating with and being a part of a team of data scientists to ensure that the insights that are gleaned from the application of data science are rooted in and informed by sound medical rationale and patient needs.
The MEDICAL ADVISOR reports to a USDR Senior Project Manager.
The MEDICAL ADVISOR is expected to:
• Constantly demonstrate independence and initiative in identifying and addressing business potential and unmet patient needs through insight and utilization of data.
• Be a liaison between USDR and Medical & Science colleagues based in DK to ensure strategic and developmental alignment
• Analyze data to identify insights pertaining to health and disease management.
• Proactively develop new metrics and studies to identify means of improving patient care.
• Build and maintain processes to acquire, process, and curate necessary data for analysis and insights.
• Translate analytic insights into real world solutions.
• Engage in generating and maturing relevant ideas and concepts into new product development projects.
• Be a leader in making new, relevant inventions, and ensure that these are covered in new Novo Nordisk patent applications.
• Occasionally participate in networking with external collaboration partners.
• The job is based in Seattle, US.
• Approximately 10% overnight travel.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Education Level:
o Minimum PhD within a relevant scientific or technical area; e.g. biology, physiology, etc.
o MD preferred, but not required.
o Knowledge of data science a plus
• Experience Level:
o 2+ years relevant experience
o Experience with medical device development a plus
o Experience in diabetes or other chronic disease management a plus
• Preferably experience within several of the following areas:
o Human physiology
o Diabetes-related physiology
o Clinical trial design/preparation
o Regulated medical device development
o Developing sound analytics-based solutions to solve problems
o Dosing algorithm development and/or selection
o In-silico physiological modeling
o Working with IP professionals on patenting activities
• Stakeholder management, presentations, and professional communication
• Oral and written English skills on negotiation level
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS: COMPETENCIES
The MEDICAL ADVISOR is expected to:
• Be a good communicator
• Inspire and motivate others
• Be interested and motivated by creating innovation and value for stakeholders and patients
• Set direction and drive performance, ensuring high quality and high speed
Department NNRC - DIGITAL DEVICES
Position Location US - Seattle, WA
State/Provinces US - WA
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please visit our website at www.novonordisk.com