Senior Dental Scientist, Research & Development
Our client, a World-Renown manufacturer is seeking a Senior Scientist to help lead their Dental Research and Development Division in testing, planning and developing new products for global sales.
- Design, develop, guide and launch market-leading formulations, technologies and products.
- Collaborate with department leadership to establish research strategy, approaches and techniques to meet or exceed business objectives and client expectations.
- Perform troubleshooting, solve inconsistencies, and innovate product designs through technical experimentation, equipment upgrades, and standardized process improvements.
- Measure Pilot Reactions, Lab Test, and the technology transfer of batch operations.
- Conduct customer surveys to identify wants, needs & customer value.
- Identify, analyze, and develop new business opportunities.
- Develop and support patent infringement studies to protect intellectual property positions.
- Liaise and provide research data with Legal, Senior Chemists and the Patent Team.
- Provide technical support for sales, marketing, regulatory and quality assurance departments.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years experience within R&D for a Manufacturer/ Designer of Dental Formulations.
- Able to exceed FDA, GMP, OSHA, EPA and ISO standards.
- Experience with: Batch Suspension Polymerizations/ Polymer Processing, Pressure-Sensitive Adhesives Coatings, and Nanocomposites/ Nanoparticle Technology.
- Chemical Expertise: Curing Chemistry, Polymerization Chemistry, Synthetic Chemistries, and Dental Composite/ Adhesive Chemistries.
- Strong experience with Digital Light Processing (DLP) and Stereolithography (SLA).
- Proficiently analyze raw materials with HPLC, GC, UV, TLC, dissolution testing, spectroscopic and wet chemistry techniques.
- Summarize qualitative and quantitative insights for non-technical audiences.
This full-time position offers excellent benefits, competitive salary, opportunity for growth and creative freedom in a fun, exciting, and world-class organization.