|State ||Nevada [NV]|
|Title ||Respiratory Medical Science Liaison|
|Job ID ||70193|
Researched and relatable, science-driven and social, you re an extroverted expert.
If there s one thing your preparation in earning your advanced degree has taught you, it s how to evolve your expertise rapidly and stay at the forefront of your field. Forging new relationships and establishing rapport with thought leaders comes naturally to you and you like being around people. Poised and articulate, you are a listener, an educator and a gifted cultivator of new and exciting opportunities grounded in the science. You ve got what it takes to be a Medical Science Liaison with Syneos Health.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 21,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Our laser focus on healthcare professionals allows you to join our team of more than 1,000 nurses, pharmacists and related healthcare professionals. Our accomplished team consists of 291 MDs, 486 PhDs, Pharma Voice 100 Recipients, HBA Rising Stars and Luminaries, and PM 360 Elite Award Winners.
You ll confer with internal stakeholders and build new collaborative relationships with medical and scientific leaders, policy-makers and advocates. You ll contribute cutting-edge clinical and scientific data to help move healthcare forward and positively impact patients. You will educate local and regional health care providers about the respiratory disease state and products, resolve medical information inquiries with in-person and virtual responses in order to provide the highest level of understanding and customer satisfaction. You will also provide promotional peer-to-peer programs and serve as a speaker. You will:
Deliver affirmative/promotional programs, live and virtual medical/scientific presentations to external groups, which include both peer-to-peer educational programs and non-promotional presentations, to Health Care Providers and formulary decision makers.
- Work with medical colleagues to identify local and regional External Experts, professional groups, decision makers and other key stakeholders in the assigned therapy area and/or geography.
- Respond to documented unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information on company products including unsolicited requests for off-label medical information as per client policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide balanced, accurate medical information to and scientific exchange with EEs and other health care providers, both live and virtually, using our client s proprietary MSL on demand platform.
- Gather medical voice of the customer (mVoC) feedback to construct and implement effective Medical Affairs strategy and planning through participation in or escalation to internal North America Medical Affairs teams.
- Serve as a primary liaison for clinical and scientific information exchange with EEs and health care providers in assigned patient care institutions/facilities, as well as connecting EEs and their affiliate institutions with appropriate Medical Affairs initiatives that advance scientific and clinical knowledge of our respiratory portfolio.
- As part of a matrix environment, develop and execute Field Medical Affairs plans at the assigned territory level in full alignment with Medical Affairs strategies and tactics.
- Build and cultivate relationships with internal cross-functional colleagues, and provide clinical/scientific input, training, and support to internal teams within regulatory guidelines; participate on internal teams as requested by the Medical Affairs Director at inVentiv.
- Provide scientific training for sales representatives regarding products and the conditions they treat utilizing approved Sales Training materials.
Along with your ability to remain at the forefront of your field, you must possess:
2-5 years of MSL experience in respiratory or related clinical field with strong knowledge of the pharma/biotech industry.
Advanced terminal degree (MD, PhD, PharmD) with a study concentration in respiratory/pulmonary medicine strongly preferred.
Excellent presentation, communication, technological fluency, and relationship-building skills strongly preferred.
Demonstrated strong understanding of clinical research trial design in pulmonology.
Ability to process large amounts of clinical data and information into a format that is relevant
Demonstrated leadership skills by example and through accomplishments; steps forward to handle challenges within scope of authority.
Ability to travel 50% - 60% and possess a valid driver s license to drive to assignments, unless otherwise specified.
The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in the evolution of clinical education.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)
|Years Exp ||4-5|
|Position Type/Category ||Medical Science Liaison|
|Recruiting Area ||Clinical|
|Travel ||About 50%|
|Minimum Education Level ||Doctorate|
|Employment/Job Type ||Full Time|
|Employment Type ||Syneos Health position|