|City ||Los Angeles|
|State ||California [CA]|
|Title ||Rare Disease Medical Science Liaison|
|Job ID ||69992|
Researched and relatable, science-driven and social, you re an extroverted expert.
If there s one thing your preparation in earning your advanced degree has taught you, it s how to evolve your expertise rapidly and stay at the forefront of your field. Forging new relationships and establishing rapport with thought leaders comes naturally to you and you like being around people. Poised and articulate, you are a listener, an educator and a gifted cultivator of new and exciting opportunities grounded in the science. You ve got what it takes to be a Medical Science Liaison with Syneos Health.
Why Syneos Health? Join a groundbreaking network of more than 21,000 employees worldwide with the ability to service clients in over 100 countries. Take part in offering world-class therapeutic expertise to leading biopharmaceutical companies so they can focus on what they do best - prevent and treat disease. You ll provide the brilliant ideas, valuable insight and relentless energy that drive biopharma products from lab to life. In the past five years, inVentiv Health has helped to develop or commercialize 84% of novel new drugs approved by the FDA and 70% of products granted marketing authorization by the EMA.
Our laser focus on healthcare professionals allows you to join our team of more than 1,000 nurses, pharmacists and related healthcare professionals. Our accomplished team consists of 291 MDs, 486 PhDs, Pharma Voice 100 Recipients, HBA Rising Stars and Luminaries, and PM 360 Elite Award Winners.
As a field-based member of the Medical Affairs team, you will be part of a launch for an ultra-rare disease state, WHIM. You will be responsible for providing non-promotional scientific, educational, and research support for the client s clinical program. A primary focus of your role is to identify WHIM syndrome patients and their treating physicians, support acceleration of WHIM clinical program through identification of new clinical sites, collaboration with existing sites, and/or enrollment of appropriate patients in company-sponsored clinical trial.
- Drive awareness of WHIM syndrome in the community and academic centers
- Drive diagnostic algorithm for WHIM syndrome
- Identify and support physicians with patients with WHIM syndrome
- Adhere to regulatory and compliance guidelines and company policies in all aspects of scientific dissemination of information to include responses to unsolicited requests for medical information
- Address administrative and reporting needs on a timely basis or as requested by management, including documenting of MSL activities into CRM as required
- Continually monitor the medical environment to sustain expertise in WHIM disease state management and new therapies, competitive products and features; assess implications for company
Along with your ability to remain at the forefront of your field, you must possess:
- Advanced degree in clinical specialty (PharmD, PhD, MD) preferred but will consider NP/PA/MSN with clinical experience
- 3+ years of experience in pharmaceutical industry with 1+ years in medical affairs; MSL experience highly preferred
- 3+ years of experience working in rare disease. Must be experienced in community and academic setting
- Existing solid relationships in pediatric/adult non-oncology hematology with proven ability to develop relationships with referral physicians including immunology, dermatology, and ENT
- Experience in clinical research, patient recruitment, and investigator sponsored trials
- Skills and competencies required:
- Strong oral and written communication skills, skilled at presenting scientific content
- Self-starter, highly accountable, and skilled problem solver
- Passionate about making a meaningful difference for patients
- Will be responsible for large geography, requiring 75-80% travel (including overnight stays)
Full Syneos Health benefits which include:
- Competitive compensation, bonuses and fleet vehicle
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision package
- Matching 401K
- Dedicated training and support
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses and other personalized quality of life conveniences
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
|Position Type/Category ||Medical Science Liaison|
|Recruiting Area ||Clinical|
|Travel ||More than 50%|
|Minimum Education Level ||Masters Degree|
|Employment/Job Type ||Full Time|
|Employment Type ||Syneos Health position|