|City ||New York|
|State ||New York [NY]|
|Title ||Commercial Strategy Manager|
|Job ID ||68966|
|Overview ||You re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.|
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn t cut it you ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you re known for your good nature. You ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 21,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
In direct partnership with the Commercial Solutions Business Development team and the Commercial Leadership Team, the Business Development Strategy and Operations Manager will work to prioritize target accounts, develop research/insights/solutions that will help win new business opportunities, and conduct research and create information/insights that support the broader business development as well as strategic efforts of the Commercial Solutions and Syneos Health Inc. This person will also work closely with Syneos Health s Selling Solutions, Communications, and Consulting business units to identify, evaluate and pursue new business opportunities. This person will also work on Commercial Leadership strategic initiatives and operational outputs to help inform leadership on division wide activity, performance, operations, strategies, etc. This role will provide a broad exposure to the strategic and operational opportunities facing the leading Pharmaceutical companies and Syneos Health.
This is largely both a strategic and analytical role. This person will conduct research, pull and manipulate data from secondary research sources, structure the answer and present findings.
As a key foundation for the Contract Commercial Organization, this Manager will:
- Collaborate with the Syneos Health analytical community to research targeted companies and help guide potential Syneos Health BD opportunities.
- Develop succinct cogent overviews of therapeutic areas, product promotional strategies, pharmaceutical company challenges/opportunities, environmental trends, competitor strategies, and current events impacting Syneos Health s clients.
- Support proposal and pitch deck development for business development executives and leadership.
- Use primary and secondary market research data to develop and / or update insights, CI tools, and solutions designed to address client needs, and win and maintain business for Syneos Health.
- Respond to ad hoc information/analytic requests from the Commercial Division business development community.
- Create and update business reporting tools to help make the Commercial Division smarter.
- Support Commercial Solutions wide pipeline management and reporting.
- Work within a matrixed organization to work on special projects that support Commercial Division business development activities and the Commercial Leadership Team.
Position can be seated in either NYC or Somerset, NJ. Will require some travel to both locations.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- At least 5 years professional business experience required in one of the following: secondary market, research, analytics, consulting or business development within the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business or Marketing. Master's degree preferred.
- Analytical experience is required.
- Competitive intelligence analysis preferred.
- Consultative/client services experience preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and support multiple priorities equally well.
- Strong influencing skills with a tactful approach.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required.
- Excellent quantitative skills and the ability to think critically.
- High level of sense of urgency and purpose, excellent interpersonal skills, including tact, discretion, and ethics.
- Intuitive and self-directed with the ability to work independently, as well as with groups.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, a desire to innovate and create, and comfort in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical data sets including EvaluatePharma, GlobalData, Rx data sources, etc.
- General knowledge of financial reporting is a plus
- Salesforce.com experience is a plus
Full Syneos Health benefits which include:
- Competitive compensation and bonus
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision package
- Matching 401K
- Dedicated training and support
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses and other personalized quality of life conveniences
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)
|Position Type/Category ||Business Development|
|Recruiting Area ||Corporate Direct|
|Minimum Education Level ||Bachelor's Degree|
|Employment/Job Type ||Full Time|