|State ||Texas [TX]|
|Title ||Houston, TX- Specialty Sales Representative|
|Job ID ||66772|
INC Research/inVentiv Health has partnered with organizations like Eli Lilly and Company to fill direct hire (non-contract) sales positions across the country. We are seeking a highly motivated, results oriented professional for the role of Pharmaceutical Sales Representative to manage a designated territory.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The Rheumatology sales specialist is responsible for effectively managing a defined territory and focus on priority health providers in that area. Person must build preference for Lilly as a partner in Rheumatology, grow customer value metric scores, meet sales targets, effectively engage customers, have a business ownership mindset and effectively implement corporate strategies. Key Objectives/Deliverables:
- Customer Focus:
- Partner with customers to understand practice workflow and patient needs within the practice. As a business owner, provide resources and meet customer needs for disease-state information, diagnostic and patient identification resources, and product-specific support.
- Assist and coordinate with physicians and office staff through drug initiation process, device training, patient support programs, and follow-up where applicable.
- Support treatment initiation logistics where appropriate
- Collaborate with nurse educators, access specialists, and other commercial partners to ensure a positive patient experience with treatment.
- Collaborate and partner with peers in the sales organization and brand teams
- Territory Management:
- Strive to consistently achieve quarter-over-quarter sales growth in the territory, which results in exceeding sales expectations.
- Superbly manage territory as it relates to targeting, messaging, programs, and budget.
- Conduct market analysis to develop and implement territory business plans.
- Effectively utilize strategic account based selling to achieve goals by building relationships with the total office and meeting customer needs with all members of an account.
- Identify and develop influential business relationships with the focus on anticipating and exceeding needs, with key customers/influencers/prescribers, speakers, thought and opinion leaders, state and local advocacy groups, teaching institutions, and managed care personnel/organizations when appropriate.
- Focus on developing or building key resource and referral networks to enhance the standard of care for dermatology patients within the territory.
Disease State and Rheumatology Market Knowledge
- Develop deep knowledge of rheumatology industry/research, local and regional market trends, disease-state, product/brand and competitor knowledge.
- Aggressively pursue ongoing medical knowledge development within and outside of formal Lilly training by reading industry/technical literature (e.g. articles, journals, newsletters) and attending medical conferences when possible.
- Share learning effectively with teammates to serve as a learning resource within the Geo-managed team.
- Earn reputation throughout the rheumatology community as a subject-matter expert and a valued resource
Bachelor s Degree
Completion of the Pre-Employment Screen (not required for internal employees
Professional certification or license required to perform this position if required by state
Valid driver s license and acceptable driving record required
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
Strong background in navigating complex accounts within integrated health systems
Extensive experience or thorough understanding of specialty pharmacy distribution model
Ability to incorporate the total office selling approach/account management
Proven ability to personalize the customer approach-IQ/EQ balance
Quick learning agility/self-development focus
Patient centric mindset
Proven ability to lead the service value chain exceptional leadership, engaged employees, exceptional customer experiences leading to strong business performance across team, peers and leadership
Proven track record of exceeding sales expectations
Strong business analytical skills (business/ financial acumen
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Demonstrated ability to manage complexity while making the product experience simple for the customer
Experience with either rheumatology and/or biologics/in-office infusions
Must live in or be willing to relocate to the area of responsibility
Ability to provide secure and temperature controlled location for product samples may be required
Approximately 25%-50% travel; some overnight travel may be required
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
How to Apply:
Copy and paste the bit.ly link below into your web browser and you will be re-directed to the Lilly job application website.
Once you apply, you will be asked to complete an on-line assessment. This will take approximately 45 minutes, however, please take the time to carefully read the instructions and questions, as completion is required in order to move forward in the process.
INC Research/inVentiv Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
|Years Exp ||4-5|
|Position Type/Category ||Sales-Field|
|Recruiting Area ||RPO BU|
|Minimum Education Level ||Bachelor's Degree|
|Employment/Job Type ||Full Time|
|Employment Type ||Client Direct Hire|