|City ||Los Angeles|
|State ||California [CA]|
|Title ||Per Diem Home Injection Nurse Educator: Los Angeles, CA|
|Job ID ||65088|
You re a nurse, a patient advocate and an educator and you excel at every one of them.
If there s one thing your years of clinical training and patient education have taught you, it s how to manage priorities, and move seamlessly from one challenge to the next. You get people to listen to your wise advice, and to overcome their fears of new and existing medical therapies by instilling confidence and sharing expertise while displaying passion. It s time to turn those diverse talents to an exciting new field, and become an integral part of the Clinical Education team with inVentiv Health.
Why inVentiv Health? Join a groundbreaking network of more than 15,000 employees in 110 offices worldwide with the ability to service clients in over 90 countries. Take part in offering world-class therapeutic expertise to leading biopharmaceutical companies so they can focus on what they do best - prevent and treat disease. You ll provide the brilliant ideas, valuable insight and relentless energy that drive biopharma products from lab to life. In the past five years, inVentiv Health has helped to develop or commercialize 81% of novel new drugs approved by the FDA and 70% of products granted marketing authorization by the EMA.
Our laser focus on healthcare professionals allows you to join our team of more than 1,000 nurses, pharmacists and related healthcare professionals. We offer Clinical Nurse Educators, On-call/Nurse Specialists, Medical Liaisons, Medical Affairs support and other MedEd teams.
In this role, you ll provide clinical expertise to patients through utilization of your clinical nursing skills and education, to improve patient outcomes. In this flexible role, you'll provide direct in home education and support for patients with Crohn s Disease. You will:
Provide field written reports, documentation and written feedback in a timely and comprehensive manner
- Conduct the training at least 5 days prior to sub-q injection convenience of the patient
- Provide post-prescription education and demonstration to patients and caregivers on the proper use of medication for Crohn s and disease state education and other messaging as approved by the client
- Conduct post training follow up call to patients if necessary
- Work on an "as needed" basis
- Conducts training at least 5 days prior to patient s first scheduled Sub Q injection. Training to be done at the convenience of the patient whenever possible. Perform all activities in a manner which demonstrates a command of customer service principles and adult learning styles
- Maintain product and technical knowledge in areas appropriate to the products represented and for uses consistent with product labeling
- Attend and successfully pass assigned training programs
Along with your energy and versatility, you must possess:
An active Registered Nurse licensure and be licensed in the state in which the training occurs 2+ years of clinical experienceStrong consideration given to candidates who have Rheumatology, gastroenterology and/or Crohn s disease experienceAvailability to work 2 or more days/week providing in home patient injection training including nights and weekends Ability to travel locally and overnight 20-25%Strong teamwork abilities Comfort with personal technologies such as iPhones, apps, and health portals Access to computer with internet connection for trainingAbility to travel and possess a valid driver s license to drive to assignments, unless otherwise specifiedThe drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
At inVentiv Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in the evolution of clinical education.
inVentiv Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
|Position Type/Category ||Clinical/Nurse Educator/Nurse/CDE|
|Recruiting Area ||Clinical|
|Travel ||More than 50%|
|Minimum Education Level ||Assoc. Degree|