|State ||Illinois [IL]|
|Title ||Vaccine Medical Science Liaison Director|
|Job ID ||64889|
You provide the vision, set the pace and inspire success.
There s one thing you do that s exceptional: lead. You formulate a plan and empower your team to provide clinical expertise to health care providers helping them to improve patient outcomes. Your capacity to creatively strategize, motivate Regional Vaccine MSLs, and elicit achievement makes you the right fit for a Vaccines MSL Team Director role with inVentiv Health
Why inVentiv Health? Join a groundbreaking network of more than 15,000 employees in 110 offices worldwide with the ability to service clients in over 90 countries. Take part in offering world-class therapeutic expertise to leading biopharmaceutical companies so they can focus on what they do best - prevent and treat disease. You ll provide the brilliant ideas, valuable insight and relentless energy that drive biopharma products from lab to life. In the past five years, inVentiv Health has helped to develop or commercialize 81% of novel new drugs approved by the FDA and 70% of products granted marketing authorization by the EMA.
Our laser focus on healthcare professionals allows you to join our team of more than 1,000 nurses, pharmacists and related healthcare professionals. We offer Clinical Nurse Educators, On-call/Nurse Specialists, Medical Liaisons, Medical Affairs support and other MedEd teams.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing and developing Regional Vaccines MSLs. You will plan, organize, and monitor the inVentiv Health MSL team s activities to ensure alignment with our client s US Vaccines medical affairs strategies. Focusing on our client s Vaccines portfolio, you will partner cross-functionally with our client s US and Global Medical Affairs, Health Economics and Pharmacoeconomics (HOPE), and clinical development. This role will also facilitate and manage the team's appropriate information sharing and coordination with our client s internal teams to ensure that they are conducted in compliance with internal policies as well as all Federal and State laws, regulations, and guidelines. You will:
- Lead, manage, mentor and provide continuous tactical vision, guidance and training to the inVentiv Health MSLs.
- Coordinate all training, activities, communications of the field-based inVentiv Health MSLs, and assist in the professional development of the team by being a source of information and guidance.
- Act as the client s Medical Affairs point person to internal corporate multi-disciplinary teams.
- Develop 30/60/90 day Launch Plan in conjunction with our client s MSL Leadership.
- Manage contract deliverables.
- Manage field operation of inVentiv Health MSLs.
- Conduct Field Visits and inVentiv Health MSL assessments.
- Utilize data to monitor and improve performance.
- Ensure budgetary compliance with expense reporting.
Along with a results-oriented mindset, self-assurance and an encouraging manner, the ideal candidate has:
- A Doctorate level scientific degree (PharmD, PhD, MD or equivalent).
- 3+ years experience as manager of field-based MSLs, preferably in Vaccines medicine. If no vaccine experience, public health and/or infectious diseases experience is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as an MSL preferably in Vaccines medicine. If no vaccine experience, public health and/or infectious diseases experience is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated effectiveness to work across divisions as well as independently.
- Knowledge of clinical trial design and protocol development.
- Knowledge of analysis of clinical data and pharmacology.
- Knowledge of principles of pharmacoeconomics.
- Ability to travel and possess a valid driver s license to drive to assigned healthcare accounts, unless otherwise specified
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate and an action-oriented work ethic
Full inVentiv Health benefits which include:
- Competitive compensation, bonuses, and fleet vehicle
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision package
- Matching 401K
- Dedicated training and support
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses and other personalized quality of life conveniences
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in the evolution of clinical education.
inVentiv Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
|Years Exp ||4-5|
|Recruiting Area ||Clinical|
|Travel ||More than 50%|
|Minimum Education Level ||Doctorate|
|Employment/Job Type ||Full Time|