|State ||North Carolina [NC]|
|Title ||Senior Oncology Nurse Educator - VA/NC|
|Job ID ||64847|
You re a nurse, a patient advocate and an educator and you excel at every one of them.
If there s one thing your years of clinical training and patient education have taught you, it s how to manage priorities, and move seamlessly from one challenge to the next. You get people to listen to your wise advice, and to overcome their fears of new and existing medical therapies by instilling confidence and sharing expertise while displaying passion. It s time to turn those diverse talents to an exciting new field, and become an integral part of the Clinical Education team with inVentiv Health.
Why inVentiv Health? Join a groundbreaking network of more than 15,000 employees in 110 offices worldwide with the ability to service clients in over 90 countries. Take part in offering world-class therapeutic expertise to leading biopharmaceutical companies so they can focus on what they do best - prevent and treat disease. You ll provide the brilliant ideas, valuable insight and relentless energy that drive biopharma products from lab to life. In the past five years, inVentiv Health has helped to develop or commercialize 81% of novel new drugs approved by the FDA and 70% of products granted marketing authorization by the EMA.
Our laser focus on healthcare professionals allows you to join our team of more than 1,000 nurses, pharmacists and related healthcare professionals. We offer Clinical Nurse Educators, On-call/Nurse Specialists, Medical Liaisons, Medical Affairs support and other MedEd teams.
In this role, you ll provide clinical expertise to health care providers and patients through utilization of your clinical nursing skills and education, helping them to improve patient outcomes (70%) and manage a team of Rare Disease Educators (30%). In this role, you'll work across multiple therapeutic areas including endocrinology, neurology and nephrology and work directly with health care providers, nurses and office staff to conduct office-based education and product training. Focusing on disease state education and training, you will:
Lead a team of Rare Disease Nurse Educators to support product(s) to targeted Health Care providers and patients to achieve/exceed specific educational goalsWork with Rare Disease Nurse Educators on a consistent basis, evaluating, coaching and directing educational and patient support presentationsProvide day-to-day support for Rare Disease Nurse Educators in the form of clinical and administrative direction. Attract, coach and retain individuals who will ensure high level performanceAccelerate disease state awarenessEducate staff on both clinical and operational aspects of appropriate patient identificationEducate providers and nursing staff on the clinical profile of products including but not limited to clinical benefits, administration requirements/techniques and side effect managementProvide education programs for professional staff, i.e. nurses, other key healthcare staff through 1:1 presentation, round table discussions, formal presentationsIntegrate as needed with sales professionals, reimbursement specialists (HUB) to identify and work within targeted practicesPartner with sales and sales management to profile customer accounts, resolve customer issues, and identify new business opportunitiesInitiate clinical discussions with key personnel in each account (MD, nurse practitioner, nurse, physician s assistant, clinic nurses)
Along with a results-oriented mindset, self-assurance and an engaging manner, the ideal candidate has:
- AN active RN license and a Bachelor s Degree, Advanced Practice degree and/or MSN/MBA preferred
- Endocrine, Nephrology, Neurological Nurse Specialist special consideration given to nurses with experience in pituitary and/or adrenal disorders
- 8-10 years of clinical experience
- Prior pharmaceutical industry experienced preferred
- 2 years district or regional CNE team management experience, pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Injection experience (ampule, deep IM) preferred
- Clinical Educator experience preferred
- Knowledge and/or experience with direct to patient education initiatives preferred
- Excellent teaching skills
- Experience in delivering service solutions desirable
- Ability to travel locally and overnight (75%) and a valid driver s license to drive to assigned healthcare accounts, unless otherwise specified.
Full inVentiv Health benefits which include:
- Competitive compensation, bonuses, and fleet vehicle
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision package
- Matching 401K
- Dedicated training and support
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses and other personalized quality of life conveniences
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in the evolution of clinical education.
inVentiv Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
|Years Exp ||8-10|
|Position Type/Category ||Clinical/Nurse Educator/Nurse/CDE|
|Recruiting Area ||Clinical|
|Travel ||More than 50%|
|Minimum Education Level ||Bachelor's Degree|