|State ||Florida [FL]|
|Title ||Senior Software Engineer (Java and JPA)|
|Job ID ||64512|
|Overview ||You re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.|
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn t cut it you ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you re known for your good nature. You ll fit right in at inVentiv Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why inVentiv Health? Join a groundbreaking network of more than 15,000 employees in 110 offices worldwide with the ability to service clients in over 90 countries. Take part in offering world-class therapeutic expertise to leading biopharmaceutical companies so they can focus on what they do best - prevent and treat disease. You ll provide the brilliant ideas, valuable insight and relentless energy that drive biopharma products from lab to life. In the past five years, inVentiv Health has helped to develop or commercialize 81% of novel new drugs approved by the FDA and 70% of products granted marketing authorization by the EMA.
Here, there s no shortage of challenging work, learning and opportunities. Because we offer many services to varied clients, our knowledgeable professionals gain experience across a large section of the industry. Our client roster consists of more than 550 organizations including all 20 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
This opportunity is with Adheris Health, an inVentiv Health company. In this role, you ll join the industry leader in education and adherence programs that help patients stay on prescribed chronic drug therapy. Working with a national network of retail pharmacies and major pharmaceutical manufacturers, we design and administer programs designed to manage chronic disease, educate patients about their condition, and increase patient s compliance with prescribed medication. You ll be part of a successful organization with steady, but well-managed growth. The work environment is that of a small, entrepreneurial organization, however, you ll have the security and resources that come from being a wholly-owned subsidiary of inVentiv Health.
At Adheris, we believe that software development is both art and science, and to do it well requires talented and passionate team members. The senior software engineer position is an advanced software development role requiring superior technical skills, effective business acumen, a talent for leadership, and a zeal for the art and discipline of software development. In addition to accomplishing the standard tasks of the software development lifecycle, the senior software engineer acts as a thought leader, a catalyst of progressive technical discussion, an agent of innovation, and an evangelist for software engineering excellence.
- Works with management to create and execute an individual development plan
- Independently maintains skills through various channels, such as technical blogs, books, tutorials, and training.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends and new technologies, evaluates these for current or future applicability within the domain
- Independently takes on learning technologies in use across business domains as business needs may require.
- Guides and mentors other developers in skills described under Technical Skill section
- Presents learnings from Professional Development section to team members and others
- Takes responsibility for technical initiatives, leads small teams toward successful completion
- Actively collaborates on ways to improve the execution of the software development lifecycle for team, department and enterprise
- Has the ability to lead a discussion and gain consensus among team members
- Leads discussions, presents personal perspective, helps drive toward consensus with team members, respects decisions even if they contradict personal point of view
Software Development Lifecycle
- Works effectively within Agile/Scrum project execution methodology, helps the Scrum team with understanding and application of Scrum philosophies
- Is an active participant in the five standard meetings of the Scrum process
- Comes to stand-up meetings prepared to discuss completed tasks, next tasks, and roadblocks
- Actively listens during others stand-up presentations, actively helps advance completion of languishing tasks and clearing of roadblocks
- Quickly comprehends issues, leads the research into root cause
- Presents findings and recommends solutions clearly and coherently
- Drives implementation of solutions, validates effectiveness
- Documents owned issues by listing a) what occurred, b) how and by whom it was detected, c) what steps were taken to resolve, d) how resolution was verified, and e) what steps should be taken to prevent the event in the future.
- Appropriately estimates tasks and, on average, completes tasks within estimated times
- Helps drive team toward completion of Sprint goals in priority order
- Assists others with tasks to help drive stories to completion
- Is an effective and active communicator, both within and outside his/her group
- Is skilled in writing application solution designs
- Utilizes standard diagramming techniques UML 2.0, use case diagrams, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, interaction diagrams, flow charts utilizing Visio or other tools
- Actively interacts with business owners to align designs with business needs
- Is effective in balancing design objectives based on business priorities (performance, speed to market, feature set)
The ideal candidate will have 8 years of Java experience. They will JPA and SpringCore. Also a strong understanding of SOLID design principals and sofware design patterns is desired.
- Demonstrates superior expertise in programming languages required by the domain
- Demonstrates technical depth with technologies in use within the domain, including database systems, inter- and intra-process communication, application development frameworks
- Displays mastery of several common programming and design patterns, applies them appropriately in his/her work
- Displays mastery of SOLID programming principles and applies them appropriately
Displays mastery in the various concurrency access patterns (optimistic locking, pessimistic locking, implicit locking)
Displays mastery in RDBMS technology, including SQL, table design, ACID, normalization (and de-normalization for performance), indexing and transactional processing including two-phased commits
Is skilled in working with XML including the use of XSDs and XSL transformations
Is high functioning in the application of object oriented concepts; properly designs class and relationships according to accepted object oriented design principles
Displays mastery of Software quality paradigms including unit testing, mocking, test automation and code coverage
Participates in peer-level code reviews and is highly effective at identifying potential problems in others work
- Is recognized by other developers for skills listed above
- Language: Java
- Application Framework: Spring Core
- Integrated Development Environment: Eclipse
- Code Configuration Management: GIT and Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Database: ObjectDB/JPA
- Application Type: backend/web services; no user interface
- Project Execution: Agile/Scrum
- Unit Testing Framework: TestNG
- Developer Workstation: Windows 7 Professional
- Production Host: Windows 2012 Server R2
- Respectful to all regardless of position or role
- Available for consultation both during and outside of business hours
- Advocates the company mission
- Actively discourages blame, complain, and defend (BCD) behavior
- Displays strong passion for role
- Understands and strongly considers the larger business implications of the work s/he is doing
- Writes system-level requirements as necessary
inVentiv Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
|Recruiting Area ||Corporate Direct|
|Minimum Education Level ||Bachelor's Degree|
|Company [Job Posting] ||InVentiv Health|