The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will represent our Client and its lead product candidate that is intended to treat solid tumors as a single agent and in combination with other therapies, and is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 clinical trial.
The MSL will deliver clinical and scientific data, and technical/practical education, to thought leaders, primary investigators and other stakeholders within the medical oncology community. The MSL is responsible for developing, coordinating and assuring implementation of our clients corporate, scientific, and clinical strategies to these thought leaders within academic, clinical, and healthcare organizations. The MSL will build long-term peer-to-peer relationships and establish rapport with these thought leaders through highly scientific product and disease-related discussions. These scientific exchanges will support and/or expand current single agent and/or combination immuno-therapy therapeutic concepts, as well as ensure the safe and effective utilization of our Clientu2019s product(s).
Additionally, the MSL will support our Clientu2019s research initiatives, clinical trial enrollment and participate in and contribute to projects and initiatives that increase the value and productivity of the Medical Affairs team.
- Maintain clinical, scientific, and technical expertise in relevant Immuno-Oncology/Oncology disease state areas.
- Have a thorough understanding of the clinical protocols and related procedures
- Collaborate with clinical operations and clinical development to support the recruitment of clinical trials, identify potential new clinical trial sites, and serve as an on-site resource to study site staff participating in studies.
- Execute study enrollment plans and site engagement activities
- Develop and track key opinion leader (KOL) engagement plans - identify, develop, and maintain long-term collaborative relationships with KOLs within assigned region. Participate in medical & scientific exchanges with the medical/scientific community including advisory boards.
- Respond to and document unsolicited requests for information on clinical programs.
- Facilitate company sponsored trials and serve as a resource for investigator sponsored trial (IST) proposals. Provide medical/clinical teams with feedback and insights from interactions with KOLs and investigators.
- Facilitate research collaborations with key investigators including helping identify, establish and maintain such collaborations
- Represent the company at medical meetings through Medical Affairsu2019 Scientific Booth coverage and other related activities.
- Adhere to corporate SOPs and ensure vigilant compliance with relevant legal and regulatory guidelines governing scientific interactions with physicians and healthcare professionals across all activities, including those related to clinical trials, scientific interactions with internal and external groups, and responses to unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information.
US-CA | US-CO | US-TX
- Advanced clinical/science degree: PharmD, PhD, PA, RN or MD
- 5 plus years previous MSL experience necessary with a minimum of 3 years clinical/research experience in the area of Immuno-Oncology and/or Oncology strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge and understanding of PhRMA Code, FDA and OIG guidelines
- Demonstrated expertise working in an early-stage environment preferred.
- Demonstrated project management ability.
- Ability to exhibit the highest level of scientific and clinical acumen with excellent communication and networking skills.
- Position is field based. Ability to travel up to 60% (approx.10-12 overnights per month).
- Working knowledge of GSP is highly desirable.
- Valid driveru2019s license.