Manages shift or multiple shift operations within the Flexbumin Manufacturing department in Building 8 Purification. Responsible for meeting budget, quality and production goals, department initiatives, setting standards, and making employment and staffing decisions. Interprets and develops manufacturing policies, procedures, and programs. Additionally, will partner with Quality, Engineering and Manufacturing Business Leaders to drive continuous improvement initiatives consistent with the Plant Strategic plan and our company supply value proposition. Embed plant culture including Quality Culture, Safety Culture, Guiding Principles, including decision making based on Patient, Trust, Reputation and Business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures adherence to all environmental, health and safety procedures and promotes a positive safety-first culture
- Accountable for delivering quality products to customers on time in a cost-efficient manner
- Is a good manager of self as well as production staff that may include manufacturing supervisors and technicians
- Partners with support groups to continuously improve safety and quality to meet department goals
- Responsible for meeting production requirements including fulfillment and yield targets
- Assist department leadership with creation and meeting the annual operating plan and budget commitments
- Oversee daily manufacturing operations across a department or multiple departments
- Ensure staff training is appropriate to perform tasks with highest level of safety, quality, and compliance
- Develop staff and drive employee engagement through feedback and Quality Conversations
- Accountable for staff performance including resolution of disciplinary issues up to and including suspensions and terminations
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement and right-first-time execution
- Champion continuous improvement culture and lead implementation of tools, such as but not limited to; Tier visual management meetings, Leader Standard Work, 5S, DMAIC, standard work, etc.
- Responsible for representing department and providing leadership in meetings, audits, and projects as required
- Required to own and lead various operations related projects and/or initiatives to on-time completion
- Work closely with department Associate Director and interfaces to fill in for Associate Director as required
- Ability to manage multiple activities through subordinates and exercise full supervision in terms of cost, methods, and employees
- Ability to interpret and analyze statistical data and information including financial reports and supply chain elements
- Ability to understand and resolve technical problems and interface with engineering/technical experts to resolve
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a manufacturing plant setting
- Ability to perform investigation and communicate through well-written documentation
- Ability to effectively communicate at different levels of the organization
- Knowledge of world-class manufacturing methods (QLP, Lean, Six Sigma), DMAIC, Good Manufacturing Practices, Food and Drug Administration regulations
- Must have demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to interface well with personnel at all levels
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills with coaching and development for leading a high performing team
- Must have demonstrated project management skills and/or project delivery skills
- Must be able to work and facilitate a team-oriented environment
- May be required to supervise various groups and/or shifts
Education and/or experience:
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree, preferably in science, engineering or other related technical fields.6+ years of related experience with 1+ years in a supervisory role. Experience in all aspects of manufacturing process preferred
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 35 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet, and body
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment
- Will work in a cold, wet environment, that requires protective equipment to be worn
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions
- 5% Travel
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.