Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is hiring interns for summer 2020!
Takeda is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products across our core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine, Hereditary Angioedema, and Oncology.
The Takeda Internship is designed to be both educational and practical. Interns will learn how to take skills acquired in school and apply them in a professional setting. The Intern will gain a better understanding of the work environment in a specific role and how it supports a biotech manufacturing setting. The candidate will also have opportunities to work with other interns and departments.
Over the course of the 12-week program, interns will sharpen their skills through a variety of experiences including ownership of daily responsibilities and participation in special projects. Internship roles are modeled and designed to challenge interns to learn, adapt, and add value to their teams while learning new skills.
As interns enter the program, each is assigned a peer mentor to help introduce them to Takeda s corporate culture and values. Through formal training and on-the-job experiences, we are committed to developing interns in areas specific to their education and interest while exposing them to Takeda s technologies, product lines, and global environment.
We have internship opportunities in the following departments:
- The Intern in the Manufacturing Sciences Wet Lab organization performs experiments in small scale that potentially lead to a process and/or final product improvements. He/she performs trials and experiments, participate in scale-up of new technologies.
- Might require participating in development, qualification, and maintenance of the scale-down models.
- Conducts routine bases analytical tests to evaluate and control product yield, purity and impurity profiles of products.
- Works closely with other team members to support the upkeep, maintenance, and efficient utilization of the lab.
- Update BOMs and field verify equipment installations.
- Support the Preventive Maintenance (PM) Optimization Program.
- Support reliability initiatives as needed: 3D printing and scanning, Failure Analysis, Predictive Maintenance.
- Assist with performing standard engineering assignments such as equipment testing and commissioning and manufacturing support.
- Work with process system owner(s) to perform process trouble shooting, problem-solving activities, root cause analysis, and improvement recommendations.
- Learns EBM and DeltaV control systems and assists in day to day manufacturing operations, troubleshooting, and change recommendations.
- Implements actions to prevent reoccurrence - this includes process and equipment issues.
- Leads and closes small process improvement projects that relate to DeltaV/EBM/PLC/BAS, manufacturing process, manufacturing equipment, and the operator interaction with the automation system.
- Help with plant annual shut down activities.
- System and P&ID field review and verification.
- Assists engineers with project activities.
- Assists engineers in supervising contractors.
- Assist with compilation of system/equipment technical documentation.
- Participate in the execution of studies/protocols and projects.
Critical Systems Operations:
- Participate in operational activities within the Critical Systems domain.
- Participate in maintenance coordination, process improvement projects, quality investigations.
- Assist with Shutdown preparation and activities; contractor supervision.
- Participate in troubleshooting and problem solving for equipment issues.
- Review engineering design documents and create validation protocols, for equipment and utility systems.
- Learn/understand and experience validation field executions, for temperature-controlled units (TCU); and data analysis.
- Understand what validation is, how it fits into the whole biopharmaceutical product lifecycle.
- Get hands-on experience of creating protocols.
- Get hands-on experience of executing protocols.
- Understand the diverse nature of validation, and how it requires a broad understanding of different areas.
- Update BOM for the HEPA Filters program.
- Support the Preventive Maintenance (PM) Optimization Program.
- Support Fire Alarm sequence of Operation/Maintenance improvements.
- Plasma purification Manufacturing.
- Intern will be part of a group implementing a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) into the existing fractionation manufacturing suite.
- Intern will be responsible for assisting in all applicable aspects of shutdown activities and commissioning of the system.
- Activities will include computerized system validation testing and code deviation resolution, functional testing and implementation of devices (iPads, Printers, Tablets), and documentation preparation.
Environmental Health & Safety:
- Sustainability (CRISP) database and Chemical Inventory Management.
- Support of Industrial Hygiene and Environmental Projects.
- Construction Safety Management database and other projects as assigned.
- Minimum GPA 3.0.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment, often cross-functionally.
- Demonstrates excellent skills in oral & written communication, organization, and prioritization of tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Education and/or experience:
- Applicants from a university must be pursuing a degree in Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biochemistry, IT, MIS or Computer Science or disciplines in Environmental, Health & Safety.
- Current sophomore, junior or senior year students strongly preferred.
- Applicants from a community college must be pursuing their certificate or AS degree that relates to career pathway in Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biochemistry, IT, MIS or Computer Science or disciplines in Environmental, Health & Safety.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 25 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet, and body.
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- Will work in a cold, wet environment.
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- May be required to work in a confined area.
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.