Takeda Business Solutions (TBS) is a newly formed function within Takeda with the objective of enabling Takeda s business strategy, delivering simplification and cost reduction, improving service and providing a transformation engine for continuous improvement for Takeda. Building and Delivering Simplified and Innovative Solutions is our overarching vision with Patients at the Center of all that we do.
The Operational Finance Solutions Lead is a new role, critical to the transformation of our TBS Finance Solutions organization from a traditional Shared Service organization to a GBS organization. The role brings together siloed functions existing today across the two legacy organizations, in different locations, with unstandardized processes and different systems. The primary responsibility for this role will be to deliver exceptional business solutions for the following Finance process areas: Accounts Payable, Intercompany, Inventory and Fixed Assets as well as Travel & Expenses.
Critical to the Finance integration of the two legacy companies, this leadership position plays a significant role in respect of the Finance transition of work from LOCs into TBS, driving operational efficiencies through the LEO and BPR implementations, transforming the function from a process-based outlook to a business solutions approach and creating a best in class function and environment for our people.
Key objectives include:
- Develop and implement a strategic plan, including target operating model, aligned to the TBS strategy, for the Regional Operations Finance function.
- Key leadership role, responsible for leading and directing a large team, cross border (up to 200 people) responsible for contributing to the overall TBS vision by instilling a strong controls and quality environment, solutions and continuous improvement mindset into the organization to become best in class.
- Grow, operationalize and then optimize the new Regional Finance Solutions function, through the integration of the legacy organizations and teams, consolidation of legal entities (currently over 200), implementation of BPR and BPR-I to deliver consistency, standardization, efficiencies and value creation for Takeda.
- Collaborate with Regional counterpart (Americas/EUCAN) to drive global consistency and partnership, seeking opportunities globally to drive improved business performance, continuous improvement through standardization and harmonization, and enable cost savings to be realized, ultimately improving end-user experience.
- Provide leadership, vision, strategic direction, KPIs and goals for the Regional TBS Finance Solutions function Services Operations function.
- Accountable for robust controls, ensuring all processes and procedures are robust and are built to achieve Sarbanes Oxley compliance, or indeed any other. legal, regulatory or company requirements, mitigating any risks as they arise. Develop good working relationships with both internal and external suppliers, including Banks, Auditors, Consultants and third-party vendors.
- Drive a mindset and capability uplift across the Regional teams, developing next generation TBS capabilities require, including having an Enterprise mindset to deliver simplified and innovative customer solutions whilst maintaining high levels of engagement, motivation and productivity.
- Establish and effectively manage the relationship with TBS business partners to ensure that TBS offerings are defined and delivered as agreed and in line with stakeholder, regulatory and/or legal expectations and obligations.
- Jointly drive together with the Global Finance Process Owners the harmonization, standardization and automation Finance processes, such as T&E process.
- Collaborate with IT to maximize the current and future functionality of the IT systems, to meet the as-is and future needs of the business to promote automation and maximize efficiency.
- Partner with other functions across TBS to drive digital and automation through tools such as RPA and AI, achieving longer term value to Takeda.
- Build high performance teams and build career path for Finance professionals both within TBS and between TBS and the Takeda Global Finance organization
- Resolve any escalations or issues raised in regards to the operational delivery provided to Takeda.
- In collaboration with other functions in TBS, drive a sustained improvement in our NPS (net promoter score).
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE
- Strong leadership and management skills with proven ability to motivate and develop high performing teams.
- Strategic mindset and the ability to deliver change management successfully
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Application of technology & automation
- Effective Influencing Skills and Well-Developed Communicator at all levels of the Business.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Significant experience of operational accounting in a Global Business Services (GBS) environment, within a large multi-national organization is critical.
- Expertise in IFRS, local GAAP would be an asset
- Strong understanding and experience of Finance technologies particularly in relation to ERP systems and supporting technologies
- In depth understanding of controls and SOX compliance
- Experience in process design and improvement, Lean or CI methodology experience would be an added benefit
- Experience in measuring progress through volume and outcome based KPI's
- Proven leadership ability to motivate and develop high performing teams in a global and matrixed organisation.
- Proven experience of leading teams through transformation and intense change (e.g. organizational or new systems implementations)
- Builds high performing and engaged teams, develop effective succession and enhanced career experiences to enable today s and future organizational strategic objectives.
- Experienced in handling sensitive issues/ situations and cultural sensitivities.
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Accountable for smooth running of operation and performance management.
- Ability to solve problems and think creatively - capacity to provide pragmatic solutions and have the drive and leadership to implement ideas through to successful conclusion.
- Ability to handle change effectively and deal with ambiguity, both personally and in terms of team management.
- Faces problems head-on, facilitates difficult decisions and takes responsibility for them.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to enable interaction at all levels of the business, including cross-border and with senior management; proven ability to achieve results through influence and persuasion.
- Ability to build outstanding relationships based on trust and through delivering on commitments.
- Very strong business focus, understanding business needs, to generate innovative solutions to meet and exceed those expectations.
- Ability to facilitate alignment without compromising principles and quality.
- Manages the external third-party suppliers.
- Engages with the business to understand current requirements, to anticipate future business needs and to challenge the current ways of working to provide new and innovative solutions.
- Applies digital environment knowledge to create better solutions and insights.
- Optimizes processes and drives improvements.
- Drives simplification that significantly impacts metrics, costs and end user experience.
- Drives the changes at sites, has the combination of process, project and change management knowledge
- Working with an international / global remit and within and across other cultures.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Desirable: Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent), with 10 years post qualified experience.
- Minimum of a University degree in Accounting or Finance or recognized accounting accreditation.
- Unwavering integrity with confidence and self-awareness.
- Independent problem-solver with ability to structure ambiguous problems and develop qualitative and quantitative approaches for identifying and assessing various options to provide simplified solutions.
- Enterprise mindset, able to look beyond the boundaries of own function to drive cross-functional collaboration.
- Excellent team leadership and ability to manage across borders and work in a matrix.
- Some travel required (20%).
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.