The Manager will effectively manage the daily activities and personnel in the Materials Planning department to achieve high quality results that support the objectives of the business. This position will be required to lead the application of best-practices processes and concepts to ensure high quality outcomes that incorporate production activity control, procurement, inventory management, MRP and other supply chain management processes. Execution of these must happen in compliance with the company s internal policies and procedures.
The candidate must have demonstrated ability to identify, diagnose and improve processes and systems challenges related to MPR/ERP execution and maintenance. This position will perform high level planning assignments requiring professional judgment, ingenuity, and will work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situation or data require a review of business factors. The position will also collaborate heavily with internal (Materials Management) and external customer community, including Vendors, Global Supply Chain, Global Procurement, Manufacturing, Engineering, Validation, Technical Services, Quality Control and Quality Assurance. The candidate will represent Takeda in a professional manner and project a quality image.
- Management of the Material Requirements Planning process environment
- Proactively monitors overall MPS, balancing current and future demand for commercial and non-commercial requirements, ensuring MRP adequately represent and supports the production requirements
- Serves as main point of contact for project teams as to assess our capability to support new product / tech transfer requirements
- Establish consistent process and information sharing cadence in support of the S&OP cycle
- Participates on project teams ensuring full understanding of material related scope, and partners with other groups within Internal Manufacturing to achieve alignment and proactive identification of challenges and work streams to drive readiness
- Effective inventory management and SAP utilization
- Manages the effective utilization of SAP MRP functionality to maintain and keep raw material inventory at optimum level to balance production plans.
- This includes driving development of appropriate support tools and reporting capabilities
- Analyzes and manages inventory levels in relation to customer requirements to meet inventory targets
- Partners with MMLT and Finance to provide inventory projection and monitors non-conforming material activity, ensuring prompt resolution
- Manages short and long term planning scenarios and leveraging system capabilities to support those models
- Best in Class Customer Service through managing a high-performing and compliant team
- Drives resolution to materials issues which include leading cross-functional teams through resolution
- Builds a strong interface with Process Development, Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing departments
- Ensures the Planning Team conducts all processes and interacts with the systems and colleagues following Takeda s core leadership behaviors in compliance with all company s regulations, internal policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Manages all daily activities and personnel of the Materials Planning teams
- Provide leadership and be a change agent to ensure the planning organization follows flawless execution throughout the supply management process
- Manages performance, career development and continuous improvement culture of the team
- Complies with site Safety procedures to ensure a safe working environment
- Additional tasks as assigned by the Head of Supply Chain and / or Material Planning and Control Lead
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BA/BS degree in business or technical background preferred, (Engineering, Science, Business, Supply Chain), or 10+ years of progressive experience and experience leading teams
- Experience in a cGMP manufacturing environment is a plus
- Completion of formal training in lean/six sigma and operational excellence is a plus
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to influence others and work cross-functionally.
- Outstanding communication skills including the ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Must be proficient in the application of appropriate Microsoft tools (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Demonstrated strategic, tactical planning, project management, and analytical skills
- Lead and effectively manage change
- Experience with SAP systems applied to a complex manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and current awareness of FDA, EMEA regulatory requirements
- Able to work in a dynamic, time and deadline sensitive environment with multiple priorities
- Experience leading cross functional teams, processes and continuous improvement initiatives
Complexity and Problem Solving:
- This person is accountable to develop the functional strategy and goals in direct support of the site objectives and manufacturing fill operations, ensuring strong functional alignment to S&OP.
- The Supply Chain Manager will be involved in a wide range of complex problems, which require experience, creativity, and detailed process knowledge. Problems should be solved with a sound business and compliance risk assessment approach.
- Drive for solutions to leverage SAP system and process efficiency, effectiveness and in alignment with site and functional needs.
- Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long term perspective for desired results.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.