Objectives/ Purpose :
- Drives the local execution und implementation of GMS Data Science strategy and initiatives.
- Owns, manages and execute local data science initiatives.
- Gathers and identifies local data science possibilities/initiatives/requests in collaboration with local team, IT, Engineering, Quality and global GMS data science.
- Provides the local link between local and global GMS data science, local functions, Quality, IT, Engineering in the respective region/Operational Business Unit.
- Drives the execution for local implementation of GMS data science roadmap initiatives.
- Owns, manages and drives local data science initiatives according to prioritization (e.g. Predictive Maintenance, Down Time Analysis, Yield Improvement etc.). Manages the respective functional and cross-functional interdependencies accordingly.
- Manages and drives local process monitoring and process improvement in collaboration with global GMS data science (e.g. descriptive statistics and visualization, statistical process control, out-of-the-box-tools) and AGILE/Operational Excellence team.
- Manages, drives and executes respective reporting in collaboration with global GMS data science (e.g. automated daily/monthly/annual)
- Supports and participates in global/functional/local GMS data science community
- Drives necessary local trainings.
Technical / Functional Expertise :
- Strong expertise and experience in Digital/Big Data Analytics/ Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning algorithms, respective programming knowledge
- Capabilities to translate business needs into data analytics concepts and the other way
- Hands-on, able to implement and execute data science initiatives, analysis, machine learning
- High level project management skills
- A firm grasp of industry, scientific and digital, artificial intelligence, machine learning and data science trends and market conditions, to develop solutions enhance compliance and quality of life for patients
- Role requires partnership with local functions, IT, Engineering, Quality and Global Data Science team.
- Provide patient-centered best in class GMS Data science, enhance local data science
Education / Experience:
- Must have a Bachelors degree of science or business
- Must have Advanced degree (Master/MBA and/or PhD) in highly quantitative field, e.g. in Engineering, Mathematics, IT, Economics or Physics with focus on either Control Theory/Statistics/Mechatronics, Information/Operation, Management/Strategy/Economics, Technology and Innovation Management preferred
- 2+ years work experience in data analysis related position or equivalent academic experience/course record.
- Hands-on experience in applying and executing Artificial Intelligence/Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Big Data and Digital with respective programming knowledge
- Contribution to github repositories and stack overflow and participation in competitions, e.g. on kaggle, data challenges, hackathons are advantageous
- Demonstrated contribution or interest to ethics of Artificial Intelligence
- Strong expertise and experience in Artificial Intelligence/Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Big Data and Digital
- Respective programming knowledge in Python/R/C is required. Further programming experience is advantageous
- Proficiency in database languages (SQL), understanding of data models and databases
- Compositional data analysis and analyzing time series data
- Distributed computing, stochastic modelling, sampling methods and randomized algorithms
- Explainable Artificial Intelligence methods
- Translate data science, artificial intelligence and machine learning trends and technologies into execution
Willingness to travel to various internal/external Takeda meetings and events:
International travel may be required (<20%)
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.