Shift 2 (Swing): This position reports to Swing (2) shift. This shift schedule is Monday-Friday from 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM. This shift requires working on all company designated holidays. Due to business need, on select occasion employees may be required to work overtime and/or support operations on an alternate shift.
Under limited supervision, identify, plan and direct the maintenance preventive activities and upkeep of LA Plant site manufacturing and facilities equipment with an emphasis on, electronics, controls, electrical distribution and motors.Repair, overhaul and perform corrective and preventive maintenance on plant equipment, electrical circuit and electrical controls to include but not limited to, electrical distribution, motor control centers (MCCs), variable frequency drives, and electrical control systems.While provide guidance and training to the Maintenance and Critical Systems personnel. Lead and Guide Maintenance techs on the work execution.Serves as the Electrical Maintenance SME for LA Site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform breakdown preventive maintenance of critical plant equipment on a regular basis, to include, but not limited to, electrical distribution, MCCs, and electrical control systems as responsibility assigned to Electrical Facilities Engineering in both cGMP and non-GMP areas.
- Oversee Maintenance Electrical Work Orders executed by external contractors.
- Responsible to follow up Reliability and/or third party recommendations to improve or correct equipment deficiencies.
- Responsible for repairing and or replacement of the electrical distribution circuits electrical controls, emergency power circuits, and electrical equipment as assigned and their components.
- Write and/or revise Electrical Preventive Maintenance (PM) procedures as needed.
- Respond to urgent and emergency work orders for the LA Manufacturing Production Plants, Critical Systems, and Administrative Buildings as needed.
- Responsible for closing assigned work orders in JDE System.
- Responsible for the completion of Change Control documentation (PRs) if required by the assigned work order.
- Responsible for operation and repairs of the LA Site Electrical Systems equipment.
- Individual will be responsible for a multi-craft duties within the business unit.
- Ability to understand, reviews, and analyze electrical-mechanical drawings for accuracy.
- Perform drawings update as required.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair critical equipment including but not limited to:
- MCCs, electrical distribution systems, electrical controls, circuit breakers, automatic transfer switches, motor starters, relay ladder logic, standby generators, UPS systems, and various manufacturing equipment.
- Requires familiarity with generally accepted building and electrical codes in compliance with LA City, California Codes, NFPA 70 (National Electrical Code) and Takeda EHS.
- Support site engineering projects including but not limited to: equipment installation, commissioning, and validation for process and supporting equipment.
- Cross-train and qualified new employees and teammates in LA Engineering & Maintenance Programs.
- Follow and comply with EPA and OSHA regulations as well as with Takeda Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs) and with Current Good Manufacturing Procedures (cGMP) policies.
- Ensures personal training plan execution and compliance.
- Attend required training and meetings.
- Support and partnership with Facilities Engineering on new projects and retrofits.
- Support internal and external audits as the Maintenance Electrical SME.
- Lead and Guide Maintenance techs on maintenance/electrical work execution.
- Support activities during off shift as required.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- A strong knowledge of electrical systems, including distribution, PLC based process control systems, Human Machine Interface (HMI) configuration.
- A strong knowledge of instrumentation and mechanical equipment, such as controllers, indicators, control valves, PLC, Analyzers, sensors, pumps, etc.
- Ability to read, write and interpret technical documents and instructions, electrical and mechanical drawings, equipment blue prints, piping and instrumentation drawings.
- Must have customer service and leadership attitude to take ownership of any maintenance related problem.
- Must be self-started with the ability to work independently and use good judgment.
- Shall be able to handle multiple priorities.
- Must be proactive, results oriented, and have a strong attention to details.
- Must be able to work overtime on a short notice.
- Must be able to utilize PC s for training, communication and work schedules and close-out in a Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Knowledge of refrigeration systems, vacuum pumps, chillers, HVAC, etc.
- Basic computer skills such as e-mail and internet are required.
Education and/or experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- 6+ or more years of Electrical systems repairs, installations, maintenance experience is required.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- General Journeyman Electrician License is a must.
- Trained and knowledgeable on NFPA 70 (National Electrical Code).
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- Will work in a cold, wet environment.
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- May be required to work in a confined area.
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.