Responsible for managing the operations of plasma collection facility, to include financial, marketing, administrative, regulatory, quality, personnel and facilities management functions. Supervises the daily functions and staff activities across departments to optimize operational efficiency.
- Employee development (60%):
- Initiate and deliver staff communications, network and local.
- Oversee and ensure all employees are properly, timely, and accurately trained in technical areas.
- Providing timely and accurate feedback to both hourly and exempt staff members.
- Developing employee talent, through regular meetings, goal check-ins, development plans, etc.
- Administer year-end review process and compensation changes.
- Assist in management of the recruiting process. (i.e. - phone screens, interviews, offers, on-boarding)
- May support and conduct management training.
- Provide leadership to ensure donor retention, high customer service levels, production monitoring and cost data.
- Operations Management (40%):
- Supervise the operations within the facility:
- Maintain compliance with all federal, state, local and company regulations related to quality of product, employee and donor safety.
- Manage facility audit processes and help to resolve any related issues that arise from the audit:
- Collaborating with Regional Manager and management team to prepare for and host internal and external auditors.
- Ensuring timely response and closure to audit observations.
- Perform analysis of related data to promote efficient operations:
- Forecasting and attaining production and cost goals, while assuring compliance with Shire, local and federal regulations.
- Resolve related facility issues and manage inquiries for facility information.
- May assist in center production issues.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Minimum of three years experience preferably in a medical or other regulated field, or an equivalent com- bination of education and experience.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, leadership, organizational and technical skills.
- Ability to attract, retain, motivate and develop a team of diverse individuals. Demonstrated ability to multi- task, prioritize, and communicate with senior management.
- Requires weekend and extended work periods.
- Requires obtaining and maintaining Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and AED certification.
- Putting the patient at the center
- Building trust with society
- Reinforcing our reputation
- Developing the business
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Consults center management teams to effectively problem solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Coordinates with external vendors and contractors for building maintenance and other contracted services.
- Authority to make hiring/separation decision regularly (involuntary must collaborate with HR)
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to donors (external) and fellow employees.
- Refers to Group/Regional management for guidance on high-impact and/or sensitive decisions.
- Advises and counsels all staff on operational, safety, and customer service concerns.
- Delivers performance and review feedback to all staff.
- Reports to Group Manager and/or Regional Operations Lead.
- May participate in the management of projects and new initiatives within the center or across centers.
- Supports the center management team in identifying operational opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to center processes as needed, through use of company approved procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen).
- Requires ability to stand and walk for entire work shift.
- Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens.
- Requires occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, leaning, reaching above shoulders and below knees, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Requires ability to communicate verbally with donors, in person and on the phone.
- Must have fine motor coordination, depth perception, and ability to hear equipment sounds from a distance.
- Potential exposures to blood borne pathogens
- Occasional travel. (Less than 10%)
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Essential:High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Desired:Associates or Bachelor s degree highly desirable.
- FLSA Classification (US) - Exempt
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.