Exciting leadership opportunity to join our growing team at Takeda and oversee the development of the Immunology/HAE GMA Training Plan. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with functional Medical Affairs partners (Global Medical Lead, Publications, Medical Communications, and Regional Training Leads) to design cutting-edge training programs and build a training center of excellence (COE).
- Responsible for overseeing the execution and delivery of the Immunology/HAE GMA Training plan.
- Responsible for partnering with Head, GMA Medical Training, peer Medical Training Directors, as well as Medical Affairs excellence personnel to design cutting-edge training programs in a way that promote and deliver effective adult learning and build a training center of excellence (COE).
- Represent training on cross-functional therapeutic area/product teams, including Global Medical Strategy teams, as appropriate as well as serve as the authority on training excellence throughout Medical Affairs.
- Responsible for overseeing the development, delivery, and execution of global medical training plans for the respective product(s)/therapeutic area.
- Identifying and effectively partner with internal resources (Global Medical Leads, Publications, Medical Communications, MSL Excellence, and regional medical affairs representatives) for input in to the medical training plan in order to ensure a well-informed and robust TA Training Plan.
- Effectively partner and engage with Medical Communications personnel to identify needed Medical Training resources as well as to instill and reinforce principles of instructional design in the content created for Medical training.
- When necessary, convert content/oversee the conversion of content sourced from Medical Communications to material effective for training and learning purposes.
- Ensure all medical training materials are up-to-date and compliant with all internal policy and external regulation that guides the development of medical training content.
- Partner with Business Solutions & Analytics to ensure medical training content and curriculum are maintained on relevant platforms and learning management systems (LMS).
- Identify and track metrics for respective TA/product training to benchmark effective of training and impact on learning.
- Maintain product and disease-state expertise for associated products and therapeutic areas.
- Maintain proficiency in learning software such as Storyline, Adobe Captivate, and Articulate.
- Manage resources (i.e. agencies and budget) against plan.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise (Breadth and depth of knowledge, application and complexity of technical knowledge)
- Must have deep scientific knowledge for respective products and therapeutic area.
Leadership (Vision, strategy and business alignment, people management, communication, influencing others, managing change)
- Strong leadership presence and ability to build relationships with stakeholders across the Medical Affairs organization and cross-functionally as appropriate (i.e. Commercial L&D partners, clinical development, etc..)
- Clear vision as to the elements of an effective, cutting-edge Medical training organization as well as the ability to communicate that value proposition internally and across multiple stakeholder groups.
Decision-making and Autonomy (The capacity and authority to make organizational decisions, autonomy in decision-making, complexity of decisions, impact of decisions, problem-solving)
- Ability to seek input from a diverse group of constituents and stakeholders and adjudicate differences in perspective and feedback in order to drive decision and execution. Ability to communicate rationale behind a decision.
Interaction (The span and nature of one s engagement with others when performing one s job, internal and external relationships)
- Must be able to engage with stakeholders across functions and with varying degrees of seniority. Additionally, must be able to effectively communicate with and appreciate cross cultural differences.
- Executive leadership presence and confidence.
Innovation (The required level of scientific knowledge, knowledge sharing, innovation and risk taking)
- Innovative ideas in the design of effective training programs, deployment of training, and tracking/measuring learning effectiveness.
Complexity (Products managed, mix of businesses, internal and/or external business environment, cultural considerations)
- Thorough and comprehensive understanding of the clinical development and commercialization process.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Advanced scientific degree (e.g. MD, MSc, PhD or PharmD) and a specialization or concentration in learning or education is preferred
- 10-12 years of experience in the bio pharmaceutical industry, preferably within a matrix structure is required
- Experience in customer-facing roles (e.g. Medical Science Liaison, Product Specialist) is preferred
- 4+ years of experience within a training function is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of curriculum design, competency-based training and adult learning best practices, legal and regulatory requirements, Codes of Practice, Standard Operating Practices and guidelines
- Experience with learning management systems and distance learning platforms is required
- Experience working with vendors and complex projects is required
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.