Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda.
Join us as a SENIORMANAGER, COMMERCIAL DATA in our office in Singapore.
Takeda is a global pharmaceutical leader with more than 31,000 professionals working together across 70 countries. We have an unwavering dedication to put people first and we live our values of Takeda-ism Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our 235-year legacy of research-based pharmaceuticals and our mission to strive toward Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine, and we need bright, forward-thinking, ambitious and energetic people to support us on our journey.
This position will act as a strategic partner to Takeda s Non-US Business (JP, EUCAN, GEM regions) for Commercial Data related areas, such as Data Purchasing, Negotiations and Contracting, Data Quality Assessments and compliant enterprise wide use of Commercial Data.
The individual in this role should be very knowledgeable in healthcare and pharmaceutical data as well as aware of Pharma business needs and will also be expected to strategically plan for future Commercial Data needs as the healthcare market evolves.
The role will have multiple Commercial Data Management roles reporting to it, who will support the Senior Manager Commercial Data to operationalize the Commercial Data Strategy. These roles will be based in multiple regional HQ locations.
This person will also be responsible for working closely with IT functions to ensure the appropriate enterprise wide management of available data.
This role will be seen as the expert on data sources within the Non-US Regions, leveraging current experience and through working with suppliers to ensure robust knowledge of the available data sources, their strengths and weaknesses.
Customers will include a variety of functions in the regional HQs and/or countries utilizing Commercial Data. Due to the high number of incoming requests, the ability to plan and organize as well as to prioritize will be skills that are frequently employed.
This role will also be responsible for ensuring awareness and wide understanding of how to use available Commercial data sources. Creating awareness of strengths and weaknesses of Commercial Data Sources depending on Therapeutic Area will be a key strategic area of focus.
This person will report into the Associate Director Commercial Data based in Switzerland. This person will be expected to collaborate closely with the US counterpart as well as Legal and Procurement.
This position will be responsible for managing relationships and work with key international Commercial Data vendors. As part of this, the person must ensure compliance to contracts and data privacy, as relevant.
35% of the time:STRATEGIC COMMERCIAL DATA ACTIVITIES
- Develops Commercial Data Strategy in alignment with the Global Commercial Data Lead and in close collaboration with senior commercial Stakeholders in GEM, JP and EUCAN to ensure the ex-US Team is set up in line with Takeda s focus areas.
- Implements Commercial Data Strategy in GEM, JP and EUCAN through own initiatives and the ex-US commercial data team.
- Negotiation Lead for Key Commercial Cross LOC Contracts in GEM, JP and EUCAN in close collaboration with Legal and Procurement aiming to ensure only high-quality data gets purchased for the best price on the market.
- Manages Ex-US Centralized Commercial Data Budget.
- Defines processes to ensure compliance with Commercial Data contracts across GEM, JP and EUCAN such as Internal and External Commercial Data sharing policies and external regulations (Third Party Agreements, Claim Letters, GDPR etc).
- Commercial Data suppliers Vendor Management Lead ex-US (such as IQVIA). Ensure critical business requests are turned around with highest priority and innovative Data solutions and offerings are internally discussed when they come to market and show significant benefits for Takeda.
- The role functions as the first Point of contact for Commercial Data Vendors across ex-US Takeda.
- The role will be responsible for escalation management with the vendor (such as Prioritization requests, data quality concerns, relationship issues etc).
30% of the time: TEAM LEAD ACTIVITIES
- Leads an International Team across GEM, JP and EUCAN regions.
- Builds the ex-US Team to ensure quick and high-quality implementation of the Commercial Data Strategy. This will include some new hires and regional structuring.
- Supports team members in their career development by mentoring.
- Supports key internal projects to optimize Team resource allocation (such as Ticketing system, Data purchasing tool optimization and automation).
25% of the time:LEAD KEY COMMERCIAL DATA PROJECTS
- Leads strategic Projects (e.g. to improve understanding of Commercial Data or to evaluate new Commercial Data Sources to improve Data Quality for Reporting)
- Develops a communication strategy to share the outcomes of the above with the appropriate internal customers. Most of the projects in this area focus on the Rare Disease portfolio and specialty. Ensures cost effective and timely deliverables.
- Leads Commercial Data Workstreams in Integration projects, such as Data Warehousing set up or MDM set up to ensure Commercial Data access rights and Commercial Data quality understanding is supported by IT infrastructure and does not cause any compliance issues.
- Close collaboration with IT in line with contract terms covering data access control. Sets frame around data correctly to ensure compliance. Advises IT around data content, correct data use and business use cases.
10% of the time: SUPPORT HIGH PRIORITY BUSINESS REQUESTS
- Consults senior stakeholders on Commercial Data questions (provides guidance on data sources to use, data collection methodology/quality and caveats; supports the business to maintain access to raw data or reports).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor s degree or equivalent. Master s degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry with expert knowledge of secondary data sources (including CRM Reference Data) and Commercial Data suppliers across Non-US markets.
- In depth knowledge of the International pharmaceutical market and the differences between markets that influence customer interactions.
- 2-3 years Team Lead experience.
- 2-3 years experience working in a Global/International environment.
- Ability to rapidly build relationships with the internal stakeholders to understand and meet secondary data needs.
- 2-3 years contracting and/or Procurement Experience.
- Strong communication skills to prepare clear insights and recommendations to be shared with customers at different levels in the business.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to influence/motivate stakeholders and drive toward consensus.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to establish logical flow and story and skilled in choosing best graphic representation for points to be made. Experienced presenting to senior management, with strong Microsoft Office skills especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- In depth understanding of senior sales and marketing managerial expectations and requirements in Pharma industry.
- Strong experience of working with multiple vendors, including IQVIA.
- Strong skills in data analysis and in the technical packages (Dataview, Excel), including advanced excel functions to ensure quick and effective data analysis.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.