- Provide high quality legal support to US Litigation & Investigations team with management of US (non-IP) litigation, including commercial, product liability, anti-trust and other matters.
- Assist the Compliance team with internal investigations.
- Assist the US legal team with providing high quality legal services relating to the Company s business Units, including its product teams and sales and marketing teams.
Litigation Support and Management Responsibilities (35%):
- As a member of the US Litigation & Investigations team, the candidate will manage and provide strategic guidance for disputes and litigation matters with mid-range potential exposures, including review of pleadings, discovery responses and other court filings, witness preparation, risk assessment and settlement negotiations.
- Interface with key Company stakeholders, and, as appropriate, conduct negotiations with opposing counsel.
- Effective and efficient management of outside counsel and other external advisors in such matters.
- Provide support to other members of the US Litigation & Investigations team, as needed, in connection with disputes and litigation matters with higher-range potential exposures as well as in connection with external investigations.
- Assist with e-discovery and the collection of documents relevant to litigation matters.
Investigations Support and Management Responsibilities (35%):
- Provide support to US Litigation & Investigations team and the Compliance team, as needed, with respect to internal review matters, including analysis of custodian records, witness interviews, and investigation documentation and recommendations.
General Business Unit Legal Support (30%):
- Provide high quality advice to the business and cross-functional teams regarding legal risks and strategies to manage or mitigate such risks.
- Assist with Legal review of promotional and training materials.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS :
Decision-making and Autonomy(The capacity and authority to make organizational decisions, autonomy in decision-making, complexity of decisions, impact of decisions, problem-solving)
- Must be comfortable working in a fluid environment. In addition to the current changes the company is undergoing, it prides itself on being nimble and able to act quickly and effectively. Candidates must be eager to delve into new areas as needed and undertake projects in diverse fields.
- Must be able to work independently, at the same time it is imperative that he or she is a consummate team player.
Interaction(The span and nature of one s engagement with others when performing one s job, internal and external relationships)
- Will work closely with other members of the Legal Department, Compliance, Human Resources and various commercial functions as well as outside counsel, e-discovery vendors and other external advisors.
- Must have superb written and oral communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with individuals of varying professional, educational and cultural backgrounds and be able to make complex legal concepts accessible to all constituents.
- Must be a business minded lawyer who is responsive to client needs and bring a clear pragmatic, solution driven sensibility coupled with sound judgment.
- Must be hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves lawyer with a can-do attitude
Complexity(Products managed, mix of businesses, internal and/or external business environment, cultural considerations)
- Works on abstract problems across functional areas of the business. Erroneous decisions will have a serious impact on the overall success of functional, division or company operations.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- High academic achievement in the study of law;
- Licensed to practice law in the US;
- At least 5+ years of relevant litigation training and legal experience;
- Experience representing clients in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry; and
- In-house pharmaceutical or biotech experience is advantageous though not required.
- Some travel will be required.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.