- Lead cross-functional initiatives to analyze the benefit and risk of new and complex contracting, pricing or rebate strategies. Projects may include FMV project, contract term harmonization, legal entity change, etc.)
- Work closely with the Managed Market leadership to monitor market conditions and changes in laws or regulations; Educate internal and external personnel on the implications of any such changes
- Create and maintain policies and procedures to drive consistent and appropriate contracting practices. Incorporate legal and government pricing considerations into the practices. Communicate and train Contracts team and relevant business partners on these policies to ensure compliance.
- Establish key performance indicators, build performance dashboards, analyze performance and recommend corrective actions to drive contracting initiatives resulting in growth and profitability
- Foster cross-functional relationships with finance, legal, managed markets and the value strategy teams to ensure alignment and act as a strategic business partner to help identify trends within the market
- Partner with commercial leaders (VPs and Directors) in the development of contract, pricing and rebate strategies that achieve favorable economic and strategic term;
- Collaborate with Finance, Legal, Managed Markets and Value Strategy Leads to assess industry behaviors, legal rulings and government directives that may impacts contractual and reporting obligations
- Lead cross functional projects (FMV valuations, legal entity standardization) that to ensure consistency across channels and business units and incorporate legal, financial and customer implications
- Create warehouse of policies and procedures and ensure adherence; train teams within and outside C&P on the policies
- Interactively discuss scientific, legal, financial, and business issues to drive the most favorable and compliant outcomes for the organization
- Possess an in-depth industry knowledge and educate/influence business partners in Managed Markets and the Business Units; Share best practices across channels and business units to drive desired results
- Bachelor s degree minimum requirement, Masters degree preferred.
- 10 years of business experience, 5 years at management level
- 5+ years of progressive experience in one or more of the following areas: Marketing, Pricing, Contracts, Sales, or Finance in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
- Experience in drafting and/or managing large volume and high dollar value agreements preferred
- An understanding of various buying organizations; commercial, indirect customers, direct customers and government (Medicare Part D, 340B, Medicare Part B)
- Proven track record of leading and driving business process transformation and organizational culture change as well as delivering on programs with complex business deliverables
- Health care business acumen with a comprehensive understanding of the Pharmaceutical industry, specifically Managed Markets and Finance; Commercial and Medicare Part D market experience preferred
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.