- Translates the integrated product medical strategy into scientific insights and data to derive the scientific narrative to be incorporated into medical strategic decision making and multi-channel communication/training materials.
- Creates and manages budget for assigned program/product.
- Interacts with external societies and advocacy groups for assigned program
- Builds alliance partner relationships for assigned program as appropriate. Plan and manage US Medical Affairs activities such as medical and scientific training, advisory boards, medical conferences and communication of relevant learning across the Takeda organization for assigned program. Act as a scientific lead for assimilation, dissemination and archival of all content developed for the assigned Therapeutic Areas and Products.
- Participates and sometimes leads cross-functional meetings with other USMO teams as well as commercial/brand team and global product teams.
- Presents the scientific narrative/scientific platform to cross functional partners and external scientific audience
- Serves as a subject matter expert and represents USMO by providing scientific and/or strategic insights for assigned area/product teams. Committees may include:, Commercial and cross functional TA / Product Teams, US Brand Teams, Launch Planning Teams, Life Cycle Management teams, research teams, Global Outcomes Research Teams, Global Publication Teams, Alliance Partner Teams, and any other teams designated as the compounds evolve. Serves as the back up to the Sr. Scientific Director for the TA Medical Unit on Advisory Boards Global Training meetings and Speaker Training Programs.
- Assist in protocol development and facilitate review, identify appropriate collaborators for research projects in assigned program.
- Responsible for managing and/or coaching other scientific team members and managers; setting performance and development expectations and assessments.
- Responsible for driving regional medical advisory boards for the assigned therapeutic area/products per company and OEC guidelines.
- Monitors integrated medical strategy for assigned program/product including budgets (identifying risks as needed) using reports and dashboards provided by product medical unit support.
- Continuously surveys and translates scientific findings and market events in the assigned therapeutic area to ensure awareness and alignment among internal Takeda partners on issues of potential impact to Takeda/brand and discusses opportunities and action plans.
- Leads teams in developing and maintaining scientific and therapeutic knowledge management resources in the assigned program/product to support activities aligned with scientific and clinical strategies this includes oversight for relevant training activities.
- Develops and maintains a broad network of mutually supportive relationships with internal Takeda colleagues (including GMA, R&D, Marketing, Managed Care, Sales, and other affiliates) to ensure that MA scientific strategies are integrated with those of Takeda as a whole.
- Leads the development of the integrated US Launch plan in support of the Takeda wide Integrated Launch Plan (ILP) and will serve as the medical affairs point on the Core Launch Team for assigned product/program
- Collaborates with Healthcare Quality & Outcomes team and appropriate commercial colleagues to develop product value proposition for payers/providers. Seeks partnership opportunities with external groups and works with internal colleagues to develop program (i.e. disease management program).
- Develop and maintain relationships externally with Professional Associations, Professional Meetings and International/Regional Conferences, etc. to achieve Takeda s medical/scientific strategic objectives, with internal coordination of activities across regions to optimize Takeda s interactions.
- Oversight for the identification, planning, coordination and execution of US medical conferences including medical information booth presence, symposia and alignment of competitive intelligence and conference reporting and post-meeting communication of relevant emerging data with implications for Takeda.
- Collaborates with Field MA Leaders in the development of a strategy and execution of a US KOL engagement plans.
- Responsible for development of product training plans for new and existing products for use by all US Medical Affairs personnel as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- The position requires and advanced degree (MD, PhD, PharmD) in a medical or science-related specialty, although years of experience in the medical field may be considered in lieu of an advanced degree.
- At least 10 years of healthcare or related experience (clinical practice, research, academic or other) following award of said degree, including 6 years of pharmaceutical industry experience (R&D, medical affairs and/or commercial functions).
- 4 years of combined experience in assigned franchise disease state.
- Possesses superior communication skills, both oral and written, and able to engender trust and respect of peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Strong scientific credentials are required in order to in order to communicate with Key Opinion / Thought Leaders, Medical Affairs, Research and Development, as well as other key internal and external stakeholders.
- Firm understanding of the key phases, processes, and compliance factors and techniques that are involved in both the pre-clinical and clinical aspects of drug development.
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant connections and integration points between Medical Affairs and stakeholders across the Development and Commercial functions.
- Proven track record of matrix, teamwork, leading cross-functional teams, timely decision making and results orientation in meeting objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and negotiate projects and priorities across functions and/or organizations.
- Demonstrated understanding of legal and regulatory environment of pharmaceutical industry
- Visible leadership, personnel management, and ability to work as a team player.
- Clinical, research, or teaching experience.
- MBA or relevant business degree; project management
- Previous cross functional experience
- Doctoral degree in a health sciences related field such as a PharmD, MD or PhD
- Knowledge of and experience with Medical Affairs processes and tools.
- 25-40 % of domestic and international travel will be required to attend key internal and relevant professional meetings.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.