The Regional Disease Education Manager (RDEM) is responsible for the implementation of the strategic initiatives developed by the leadership team. The RDEM will educate and raise awareness of Hypoparathyroidism, symptomology, quality of life, and the general long term health impact associated with compromised Parathyroid Hormone production, with health care providers in a defined geography. The RDEM will be expected to meet or exceed established expectations related to educating specific HCPs around disease awareness and appropriate disease identification.
This position will be responsible for all disease education related activities within their geographic responsibility, including achievement of MBO s, business planning in partnership with the RBM team, and expense control. The RDEM will educate and inform HCPs on Hypoparathyroidism. They will describe signs and symptoms of the disease, long term systemic effects and inform on the differential diagnosis process. They will educate HCPs on the need to address the underlying cause of Hypoparathyroidism in the appropriate patient population. They will attend conferences and workshops as an exhibitor or presenter.
Education & Experience Requirements / Preferences
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in business or science related field is required
- Healthcare provider, Rare Disease / Biologic Sales, Nursing background preferred Minimum of 4 years of sales experience required
- Minimum of 2 in Rare or Specialty biologics preferred Complex sales model experience is preferred
- A consistent track record of success (Top 20% performance), President s Club or other top tier awards preferred
- Experience providing complex disease education preferred
- Rare disease experience is a plus
- Demonstrated pioneering experiences required
- Demonstrates proficiency in the following key Takeda Competencies:
- Builds and Leverages Relationships
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Drives Results and Execution
- Supports Our Regulatory Environment
- Excellent questioning and probing ability in a customer call
- Technical competence-Excel/CRM/Data analysis
- Excellent call/daily planning discipline
- Proven analytical capabilities
- Large and small group presentations
- Relationship management
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Adaptability in a fluid market place and growing organization
- Ability to work independently
- Thrives in unstructured environments
Other Job Requirements
- Candidate must live in territory Preferably San Francisco or Sacramento surrounding area.
- Must work evenings and weekends as needed
- Extensive travel required and varies by territory
- Candidates must possess a powerful sense of urgency, a strong desire for results and a strong work ethic.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.