Leads & Executes projects according to engineering and project management requirements. Leads & executes projects according to Takeda internal requirements fulfilling internal quality/compliance requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In general, this position will:
- Manage projects of varying complexity that span organizational boundaries and is responsible for their successful delivery
- Ensure that projects are conducted at the highest quality, within time and budget, and that the risk level is managed.
- Coordinate and supervise project execution related activities, from initiation to close out (hand-over)
- Responsible for meeting the project scope, status, controlling
- Provide the expertise in project management
- Interface with major projects/initiatives at the specific plant.
- Transfer best practices across functions and business units as well as other sites
- Ensure compatibility and consistency with existing organization and industry standards (PMM, cGMP, GEP, etc.)
- Be aware of current state of the art in the field of pharmaceutical technologies and biotechnology
- Act as a generalist (beside expert knowledge)
- Coordinates all stakeholders
- Facilitation of problem solving sessions and or other planning sessions
- Responsible for regular adjustment with business strategy
IF LEADING SUB-TEAM AND/OR MANAGE FUNCTIONAL DELIVERABLES
- Manage sub-projects/programs
- Chair sub-team meetings and responsible for overall team progress
- Escalate sub-team issues as needed
- Ensure quality of sub-team deliverables
- Engage functional leadership
- Present high level technical updates (including changes to risk, cost and deliverables) in alignment with functional leaders.
- Sufficient function / technical knowledge to identify and solve cross functional issues
- Provide input for planning, scoping, scenarios and strategy
- Prepare formal fact based technical reviews and discussions with appropriate functional leaders including recommendations (with risks) or options (with pros and cons)
- Ensure adequate functional resources are available and raise / escalate if they are not
- Drive projects identification, scoping, prioritization, coaching, reviewing, tracking and reporting
- Develop, clarify and manage the scope of the project, define contract deliverables and achieve targeted outcomes
- Contribute to the design, development or enhancement of new products and processes
- Ensure that appropriate management support is built for these projects
- Assemble project team, identify needed resources, assign responsibilities and develop timeframes to facilitate successful completion of project activities
- Participates in creating the request for budget (CPA) and justifying the project to the board or equal committee
- Responsible for the adequate utilization of all quality systems as defined by Takeda Procedures within the projects organization.
- Ensure that appropriate safety measures are taken to prevent all risks of injury
- Execute projects & programs according to the PM standards
- responsible for having RFI, RFP, orders and contracts in place
- Strong financial and business acumen
- High leadership skillset
- High strategic thinking
- High facilitation and presentation skillset
- High stakeholder management skillset
- Knowledge of scheduling and cost estimation/controlling
- Scope and change focused
- Anticipates and resolves conflict situations in a win-win outcome
- Capability of analyzing and solving complex problem thought innovative thought and experience
- Team minded
- Quality and EHS awareness
- Risk focused
- Establish and maintain visibility of the status and issues on all actives projects.
- Ensure key measures and targets are developed for all projects
- Communicate status of projects in a clear and concise format
- Responsible for internal communication to the project team, stakeholder and Management
- Presents the projects to different levels and for different reasons (including key, internal & engineering reviews
- Responsible for Project cost control and controlling and reporting
- Close interactions /w cost control and schedule persons
Education and/or experience
- Required experience
- Minimum Bachelor s degree in Engineering
- Experience in running/managing projects/programs with total costs over $5M
- 5-7 years experience in a large company surrounding
- Experience in working and communicating globally
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Engineering consultant
- Certified PM according IPMA or PMI
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 10 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- Will work in a cold, wet environment
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
- Must be able to work overtime as required. (only for non-exempt positions)
- May be required to work in a confined area.
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.