The Regional Business Director provides leadership and direction at a regional level to achieve company objectives, meets customer and market needs through flexible deployment of resources, and fosters team development. This role is responsible for leading the execution of business strategies to achieve sales objectives within a specific geography. The RBD is also responsible for leading, coaching, developing, and directing activities of District Business Managers within a specific geographical assignment to achieve sales results.
- Responsible for leading the execution of business strategies across the product portfolio to achieve sales results in their specific region.
- Assess local environment to determine local business needs and determines appropriate plans to execute against. Conducts continuous assessment of those plans and adjusts as necessary
- Work with and through District Business Managers to ensure regional sales performance meets or exceeds Company sales objectives. Model ownership and accountability in executing company priorities and strategies to maximize sales results.
- Implement a regional business plan that includes their commercial partners to be executed through the District Business Managers. Conducts business reviews as necessary to identify and provide updates on business opportunities.
- Ensure that the region attracts and retains highly qualified, diverse sales talent with demonstrated successful performance results.
- Effectively coach, develop, motivate and monitor team performance to include: regular and timely feedback through advanced coaching techniques, actionable Development Plans that develop talent for increased responsibility or in current roles, early identification of performance challenges or deficiencies and creation of action plans to appropriately address performance gaps.
- Develop a focused vision and create a high performance team environment which values continued professional development and personal accountability. Eliminate barriers and foster a solution oriented mindset throughout the region. Exhibit both a long-term, strategic view of the business with an acute focus on driving immediate results.
- Recruit, and hire District Business Managers and support the sales representative recruiting efforts within the region. Create an environment of learning and growth for long term success, development and retention of talent.
- Provide consistent and accurate expectations and ongoing feedback to District Business Managers as part of an ongoing performance management process through timely assessment of performance using measurable outcomes.
- Collaborate with peers, marketing and training personnel to share information and implement regional initiatives/strategies.
- Advise Area Vice Presidents and District Business Managers of market place trends and competitive information.
- Work with Regional Account Managers, National Account Managers and other Regional Directors to develop region specific strategies for managed care accounts.
- Manage regional budget and resource allocations to maximize return on investment through local business ownership.
- Additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree
- 10 years of sales experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with a minimum of 5 years of management level experience in the pharmaceutical, immunology, biologic/biotech, or medical device industries which may include district management, account management, marketing management, and/or product management experience or the equivalent.
- Other experience in a commercial function such as operations, sales training, marketing with increasing responsibility
Experience in district/regional sales position at a pharmaceutical organization.
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites.
- Limited overnight travel may be required.
- Ability to attend sales meetings at off-site locations.