Senior Medical Science Liaison Rare Disease (North East)
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Medical Science Liaison in our North East Territory.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Senior Medical Liaison working on the Rare Disease team, you will be empowered to build strong partnerships and educate patients. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda s mission by providing credible scientific expertise. A typical day will include:
- Under the guidance of the MSL Lead or Country Medical Lead (CML), the Medical Science Liaison (MSL) drives the implementation of the Country medical affairs plans related primarily to KOL engagement and data dissemination.
- In a compliant manner, the MSL systematically identifies the needs of KOLs, investigators and other stakeholders in patient care, establishes strong professional relationships, provides credible scientific expertise and serves as a link to Shire Global Medical, Global Clinical and external partners.
- The MSL serves as a field-based extension of the country Therapeutic Area team.
- Externally focused, Health Care Professional (HCP) related activities are expected to comprise at least 80%of MSL responsibilities.
- The MSL maintains personal expertise in relevant disease areas and MSL best practices that can be applied externally and internally.
- 55% Key Opinion Leader Engagement
- 25% Data Dissemination
- 10% Medical Leadership and Strategic Planning
- 10% Knowledge, expertise and insights management
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- A doctoral degree in life sciences (MD, PharmD or PhD or equivalent) is preferred; a master s degree in life sciences (MSN, PA-C, etc.) is the minimum requirement
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a field based MSL is required
- Experience in quickly developing a network of relationships with internal and external stakeholders, particularly KOLs, to achieve business objectives
- Experience in delivering oral presentations within the healthcare profession to both large and small audiences
- Experience in leading project teams delivering strategic results for internal stakeholders
- Clean and valid driver s license
- Ability to drive or fly to various meetings/client sites.
- Overnight travel (up to 70%) including some weekend commitments
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Boston, MA, Jersey City, NJ, New York, NY, Philadelphia, PA