Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Associate Director, R&D Patient Access in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Associate Director on the team, you will be empowered to provide operational leadership to ensure successful implementation and execution of R&D Patient Access programs and initiatives, and a typical day will include:
R&D Patient Access serves as a center of excellence within Takeda s R&D division to:
- Facilitate patient access to Takeda s investigational medicines throughout the drug development process, including non-trial pre-approval access programs.
- Support R&D capability building both internally and externally to address patient access barriers and establish Takeda as a leader in global healthcare.
- Embed patient access principles and policies within and across the R&D organization to support our patient-centric culture.
The key objectives of the Associate Director, R&D Patient Access are as follows:
- Provide operational leadership to ensure successful implementation and execution of R&D Patient Access programs and initiatives, including non-trial pre-approval access programs
- Maintain relationships with various external partners and vendors that support R&D Patient Access objectives and initiatives
- Develop and implement training and communication plans to build awareness and understanding of R&D patient access programs and initiatives to key stakeholders within the R&D organization.
- Drive the operational strategy and execution of R&D patient access programs, including non-trial preapproval access programs such as individual patient requests (IPR) and R&D capability building programs that address patient access barriers.
- Provide expertise and operational guidance to R&D Patient Access leadership to support the development and implementation of patient access related SOPs, guidance documents, tools and systems.
- Manage relationships with key external partners and vendors on behalf of R&D Patient Access, overseeing contracting and onboarding processes in collaboration with key internal stakeholders (e.g. legal, compliance, procurement) and tracking/reporting on achievement of partnership milestones.
- Provide operational oversight of budget and drug supply forecasting for R&D Patient Access programs and alignment with other relevant internal stakeholders (e.g. Finance, Supply Chain).
- Serve as a main point-of-contact with project and functional teams regarding R&D Patient Access programs operational efforts and report progress on achievements within the strategic areas of focus.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate tracking, reporting, and metrics of R&D access programs, driving process improvements and initiatives.
- Lead internal awareness, education and training of patient access related programs, policies and SOPs. Represent R&D Patient Access on internal and external teams to define approaches and methodology related to patient access.
- Support the implementation of best practices related to patient access across the R&D organization.
- Support assigned R&D Access to Medicines (AtM) and capacity building initiatives.
- Provide support of issue resolution and relationship management with R&D patient access events.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Minimum Bachelors degree required. Advanced degree preferred (MS/MBA/MPH). Doctoral degree in a health sciences related field desirable (PhD/PharmD/MD).
- 6+ years relevant professional experience required in a multi-disciplinary, global environment. R&D experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- 4+ years of relevant project management and leadership experience
- 2+ years of line or matrix management experience
- Knowledge of global research and development and the interface with other organizations, functions and business units
- Experience in Expanded Access strongly preferred
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.