Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Lead Research Strategy in our Cambridge office. Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Lead Research Strategy, you will be empowered to lead strategy reviews on portfolio, capacity, resourcing, and cross-functional coordination and independently and proactively formulates potential strategic initiatives for groups across Research, and a typical day will include:
- Identify and propose strategic initiatives and special projects to drive long-term operational effectiveness and productivity in Research
- Define and execute Research strategic initiatives and special projects in alignment with the Global Head of Research S&O, Head of Research, and Research Senior Leadership Team
- Provide strategic input on capacity, resourcing, and cross-functional coordination
- Provide advice to Takeda Global Research leadership and partners across R&D (including Finance, HR, Procurement)
- Partner with strategy groups across R&D to identify common projects and synergies
- Drive and facilitate successful discussion forums/workshops with leaders across Research and in R&D within the remit of strategic initiatives
- Independently and proactively formulates potential strategic initiatives for groups across Research
- Leads and executes strategic and special projects in collaboration with multiple functions and groups within Research and other functions
- Monitors progress toward Research KPIs, recommending interventions as necessary to ensure that the organization is on track to meet or exceed its performance targets.
- Evaluates Research performance holistically over time, including portfolio and capacity evolution, to inform future planning and strategic initiatives.
- Monitors activities/reviews in the broader R&D organization and ensure awareness/alignment across functional lines
- Leads and/or guides key non-project Research initiatives including developing work plans, budgets, risk mitigation and support strategies.
- Contributes to creating an employment culture and values which attract, retain, and develop the most effective people.
- Understanding of drug discovery activities and Research line functions roles and responsibilities
- Broad scientific understanding of Global Takeda Research s core areas: gastroenterology, neuroscience, oncology, rare diseases
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, regions and cultures
- Enterprise level leadership with the ability to inspire, motivate and drive results
- Ability to present complex information clearly and with confidence
- Excellent communicator, able to persuasively convey both ideas and data, verbally and in writing
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company
- Ability to distil complex issues and ideas down to simple comprehensible terms
- Embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and role models these behaviors for the organization ensures and encourages diversity
- An inspirational leader who shares passion and motivates others
- Shares mission and vision with team members and facilitates the achievement of their goals
- Promotes scientific and career development for team members at al levels
- Mentors team members through review of key decisions, issue resolution and responses to challenges
- Ensures viable succession plan and readiness of candidate successors for roles as necessary
- Ensures and encourages diversity
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Has strong leadership skills and acumen.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Shows cross-cultural understanding to utilize the diverse talents and has demonstrated ability to manage teams to maximize the organizational productivity
- Capable of leading a matrixed team comprised of scientists from within Takeda as well as external collaborators.
- Experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry with a demonstrable deep understanding of drug discovery & development practices and significant experience in biotechnology / pharmaceutical field is desirable.
- Experience in a consultancy company is desirable.
- Advanced degree degree in Chemistry, Biology, or related field preferred but may not be required based on industrial experience in a biotech/pharma R&D setting or consultancy companies/roles.
Will manage globally coordinated work product, possibly with direct reports at multiple locations. Approximately 25% travel may be required. Domestic and international flights with overnight stays are required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.