Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Business Analyst, Scientific Laboratory Capabilities and Products in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Business Analyst working on the Scientific Laboratory Capabilities and Products team, you will be empowered to oversee scientific lab computing services for a cGMP Takeda facility in Cambridge in support of pharmaceutical sciences scientific labs. A typical day will include:
- This role oversees scientific lab computing services for a cGMP Takeda facility in Cambridge in support of pharmaceutical sciences scientific labs. The primary site is Takeda s state-of-the-art facility in Cambridge where cutting-edge Cell Therapy research is performed.
- Reports to Head of Scientific Laboratory Capabilities and Products in Cambridge, MA.
- Partners with IT groups and ensures the lab computing needs of the scientific business functions are met. Manages performance of Managed Service Partner in delivering Level 2 support to laboratory researchers. Drives lab operating model efficiencies, standards, and innovative methods. Works with IT functional service teams (e.g., Research, Pharm Sci) to ensure collaboration on application changes and new systems deployment happening outside the lab. Partners with infrastructure services to ensure holistic support of the lab computing environment.
- Responsible for strategic direction and vision, long-term planning, objective setting, and service execution for the organization and supported technologies.
- Working closely with the global head of scientific lab computing, manages implementation of major upgrades; develops and maintains good practices and methodology for the lab and measures performance; ensures backup/recovery, security, configuration management, and apt help desk support. Works closely with business and IT Quality functions to maintain health-agency compliance and perform system validations.
- Effectively balances the unique needs of lab functions in general, and specific local needs of various scientific business areas and therapeutic focus with the corporate objective to globalize and standardize technologies and processes.
- Manages and develops teams within area of responsibility. Accountable for the integrity of key human resource processes including career development, sourcing approach and performance management.
- Develops budgets for personnel and services. Accountable for performance against financial parameters and monitoring and reporting on budgetary aspects within own area to assure alignment with business objectives.
- Identifies avenues for continuous improvement for services within scope of responsibility, including new approaches and processes that would contribute both to improvements within department and to business growth/efficiency in the wider organization.
- Develops and manages key relationships across a broad sphere of influence in a matrix organization. Manages the overall relationship between IT business partners, scientific business areas and IT Business Solution Services that support the functional business areas. Interacts with managers in these areas on a regular basis to understand high-level requirements, address issues, manage expectations and review status.
- Collaborates with global IS/IT infrastructure and security organizations.
- Partners with Procurement and builds/maintains relationships with vendors to ensure purchases/upgrades support optimal standardization and life cycle management.
- Maintains in-depth working knowledge of scientific business functions and technology and remains current with emerging industry trends through active monitoring of the market and networking with industry peers.
- Manages the technology requirements of new lab builds, lab moves and site consolidations.
- Manages strategic communications around lab computing services, processes, technology and performance.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s Degree required.
- 4-6 years of relevant experience.
- Familiarity with regulated systems general level of understanding of systems validation
- Professional in-depth knowledge of business processes in the pharmaceutical industry within functional area.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, business acumen with analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Practice efficient time management and coordinates tasks, working in an international environment.
- Understanding of how IT efforts are tied to achievement of business goals.
- Knowledge of relevant business solutions.
- Business Analyst and/or Project management experience.
- Ability to write and speak in the English language.
- Ability to prepare and execute business meetings virtual, face-to-face, cross functional, local or global to ensure meeting required deliverables.
- Experience in communicating effectively to business and IT leaders on content, context, process and decision making.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent
- Certification in Business Process Management
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.