Area Sales Director, SBS (West)
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Area Sales Director based out of our Lexington, MA office (Remote West).
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Area Sales Director as part of the Gastroenterology Business Unit, a typical day will include:
- Responsible for leading the execution of business strategies across the product portfolio to achieve sales results in a region.
- Work with and through Regional Business Directors (first-line leaders) to ensure area sales performance meets or exceeds Company sales objectives. Model ownership and accountability in executing company priorities and strategies to maximize sales results.
- Acts as strategic thought partner throughout the brand planning process on areas including budget planning, competitive analysis, targeting and messaging based on region knowledge alongside Marketing, Patient Services, Analytics, Public Affairs and Medical senior leadership. Implement an area business plan (informed by data and market insights) to be executed through the first-line leaders. Partners with the Salesforce Effectiveness Lead to assess weekly/monthly/quarterly trends and together, works with Regional Business Directors to craft appropriate action plans.
- In partnership with the Salesforce Effectiveness Lead, conducts monthly and quarterly business reviews (QBRs) to identify key opportunities and challenges and provide updates on business priorities. These reviews are conducted with the Regional Business Directors monthly/quarterly and with home office leadership quarterly.
- Ensure that the area attracts, retains and develops highly qualified, diverse sales talent with demonstrated successful performance results.
- Effectively coach, develop, motivate and monitor team performance to include: regular and timely feedback through advanced coaching techniques, actionable Development Plans that develop talent for increased responsibility, early identification of performance challenges or deficiencies and creation of action plans to appropriately address performance gaps. Acts as a coach and mentor across BUs to help provide career development opportunities for internal talent in other BUs.
- Develop a focused vision and create a high performance team environment which values continued professional development and personal accountability. Eliminate barriers and foster a solution oriented mindset throughout the area. Exhibit both a long-term, strategic view of the business with an acute focus on driving immediate results.
- Provides direct insight and guidance on any data integrity investigations in partnership with GI data & analytics teams.
- Recruit, screen and hire Regional Business Directors and support the Regional Business Managers recruiting efforts within the area. Create an environment of learning and growth for long term success, development and retention of talent. Builds capabilities and ongoing development opportunities in close partnership with sales training and HR. High level of involvement in the development of training content and workshops for key meeting cycles.
- Identifies development needs at a RBM and RBD level and drives creation of brand-wide training for Field Leadership meetings and National Sales meetings.
- Builds relationships with industry contacts and KOLs in designated therapeutic area.
- Provide consistent and accurate expectations and ongoing feedback to Regional Business Directors as part of an ongoing performance management process through timely assessment of performance using measurable outcomes.
- Collaborate with peers, marketing and training personnel to share information and implement regional initiatives/strategies.
- Advise Senior Leadership of market place trends and competitive information.
- Leads within a field-based triad/matrix environment to ensure a well-aligned, consistent and strategic team approach to customer interactions (including, but not limited to the following teams: Key Account Management, Patient Services, Managed Markets, Medical Affairs (MSL and FME teams), Thought Leader Liaisons and Marketing.
- Holds team accountable for strong triad/matrix partnerships within the USBU.
- Manages area budget and resource allocations to maximize return on investment. Builds business cases for budget and finance decisions within the brand.
- Provides critical input on the development of our incentive compensation plan. Serves as key consultants when adjustments are to be made to the earnings curve or key incentive contests based on business need.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree
- 10 years of sales and marketing experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with a minimum of 5 years of management level experience in the pharmaceutical, immunology, biologic/biotech, or medical device industries which may include district management, account management, marketing management, and/or product management experience or the equivalent
- Experience in ultra-rare or rare space.
- 2 years managing 1st-line managers
- Frequent ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites; including overnight travel
- Ability to attend sales meetings at off-site locations
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
USA - Lexington - Sales Remote
Chicago, IL, Dallas, TX, Denver, CO, Houston, TX, Las Vegas, NV, Portland, OR, San Francisco, CA, Seattle, WA