Takeda's summer internship program blends real world experience with an extensive overview of the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience. The summer internship program is 12 weeks in length and offers a unique perspective into a world-class pharmaceutical company. Compensation is competitive. Our internship program also provides you the opportunity to network with people at Takeda through various planned events and activities.
The intern will assist the computational chemistry group to advance drug discovery research
- Gain experience in computer-aided drug design to support drug discovery projects
- Utilize cutting edge computational software for the design, execution, and analysis of in silico experiments
- Get familiarized with cheminformatics approaches for data mining and data analysis
- Learn about innovative computational methodologies and tools such as AI approaches to support drug discovery efforts
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Applicants should be dependable and highly motivated with a keen interest in drug discovery research
- Applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited university for the semester before and immediately following the internship.
- Chemistry, biochemistry, or computational sciences majors who have hands-on experimental or in silico laboratory experience are preferred
- Applicant should demonstrate an excellent academic record in pursuit of a degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or computational sciences
- Must be deadline driven and have a high level of organizational and planning skills
- The ideal candidate exhibits strong analytical, problem-solving, and oral and written communication skills; he or she also possesses the ability to work well in teams, effectively manage multiple projects, and present ideas clearly and concisely.
San Diego, CA
Paid Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)