Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Head of Sales Operations in our Lexington, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Takeda s US Commercial Operations group functions as a Center of Excellence, supporting critical capabilities needed to enable our Business Units and Market Access covering over ten franchises with a portfolio of 30+ brands and their cross-functional teams.
The Commercial Operations Leadership is responsible for Sales & Marketing operations, Learning & Development, Analytics & Forecasting and Commercial Planning resources and activities for over 100+ marketers and our entire field account team.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As the Head of Sales Operations working on the Commercial Operations team, you will be empowered to have direct impact to our business franchises, and a typical day will include:
- The Head of Sales Operations is responsible for building, acquiring and overseeing a portfolio of processes, tools, and services that contribute to Takeda s performance, competitiveness, and operational excellence.
- Designs, builds, and manages a number of business-critical cross-functional capabilities for the business units including: Sales Planning (Incentives & Compensation, Sales Force Alignment, Call Planning), Sales Force Automation (CRM, Technology, Field Reporting Platform), Sales Administration (Fleet Management, Sample Operations, Field Sales Support) and Commercial Data management (Specialty Data Management, Commercial Data Governance & Acquisition, Sales Reporting).
- Works across the entire commercial portfolio of 30+brands and 10+ franchise teams.
- Develops a framework for strategic/tactical business planning for Sales Operations for U.S. field-based teams.
- Leads an effective and unified sales operations team that delivers the day to day operations and planning efforts related to the field sales force, Managed Markets, and other business partners.
- Collaborates with Commercial leadership to develop relevant insights to support business decisions Implement and manage an incentive compensation program, ensure communication of policy to field and management oversight of program, select and manage vendor of choice.
- Analyzes key market data to understand how to best optimize the deployment and alignment of the sales force and managed markets teams.
- Leads a team responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining an effective analytical capability with a focus on US Commercial and CRM analytics and automation technology.
- Owns and manages, in partnership with IT, the deployment of a portfolio-wide set of commercial technology including the MDM platform, CRM systems, call planning & alignments, and field reporting & analysis tools.
- Leads an effective Sales Administration Operation including Fleet Management, Sample Operations, and Field Sales Support.
- Oversees commercial data management and processing including US commercial Rx and claims data, Specialty data management, MDM master data management. Responsible for maintaining and delivering accurate commercial data tables and reporting.
- Builds, retains, develops, and motivates team members to success, builds a talent base and succession plan, implements personal development plans and training to achieve business objectives.
- Manages a multi-million dollar budget with accountability to P&L stakeholders, delivers operations in a cost-effective manner.
- Oversees management of key external vendor relationships.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
- Comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and sales and/or marketing (e.g., Sales Planning (Incentives & Compensation, Sales Force Alignment, Call Planning), Sales Force Automation (CRM, Technology, Field Reporting Platform), and Sales Administration (Fleet Management, Sample Operations, Field Sales Support) and Sales Reporting & Data Management (Data Stewardship, Data Governance & Acquisition, Sales Reporting).
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, regions and cultures
- Enterprise level leadership with the ability to inspire, motivate and drive results
- Ability to present complex information clearly and with confidence
- Excellent communicator, able to persuasively convey both ideas and data, verbally and in writing
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company
- Ability to distil complex issues and ideas down to simple comprehensible terms
- Embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and role models these behaviors for the organization
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Broad decision making responsibilities:
- Ability to make highly complex decisions that impact the enterprise
- Accountable for decision making for Sales Operations
- Ability to seek diverse input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive innovative solutions
- Ability to incorporate feedback and ensure decisions are made swiftly to yield flawless execution
- Accountable for designing and implementing vision and strategy for designated scope
- Foster solutions-oriented thinking by fostering a culture of performance, accountability, simplicity, empowerment, external orientation and curiosity.
- Effectively navigates the changing external and internal environment and leads others through change by creating and inspiring and engaging workplace
- Effectively negotiates and collaborates with business partners and demonstrates the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
- Ability to build strong partnerships and drive role clarity with other interfacing Takeda functions, including but not limited to Sales, Marketing, Managed Markets, Finance, IT, Procurement, HR, Legal/Compliance, Medical Affairs, Communications, Public Affairs, external vendors, and others.
- Visionary and forward thinking with the ability to influence and effectively drive organizational change and continuous innovation
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward innovative solutions
- Ability to take risks implementing innovative solutions, accelerating time to market
- Ability to identify areas for process and systems innovation and implement change that will enhance the overall effectiveness of the team.
- Ability to work in a global and highly matrixed ecosystem (internal and external) with a high degree of complexity
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree BS/BA accompanied by a minimum of 10 years experience in the pharmaceutical, or biologic/biotech industries within sales leadership, marketing, and/or product management required.
- Must possess 5-7 years experience leading a medium to large organization with demonstrated ability to influence senior-level management and key stakeholders.
- Previous experience within pharma commercial operational roles is required (e.g. sales operations, Marketing Operations, etc.).
- Proven track record of leading and driving business process transformation and organizational culture change as well as delivering on programs with complex business deliverables
- Must have experience overseeing and implementing large pharmaceutical commercial projects such as field force restructuring, data integrations, CRM technology implementation, operational process integrations, commercial data analytics & reporting platforms, incentive compensation, fleet operations, etc.
- Track record of successful leadership, management, and development of large, multi-disciplinary dispersed teams.
- Ability to identify, develop and support commercial talent with the ability to review and implement organizational talent decisions within area of oversight.
- Health care business acumen with a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry.
- 10% - as required for business meetings and conferences.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.