The IVP intern will work under the guidance and mentorship of senior scientists to support the screening of compounds for GI drug targets.
- Assist in conducting biochemical and cell based assays
- Perform data analysis and present results when necessary
- Help to prepare reagents for assays
- Maintain cell line in culture
- Determine compound solubility
- Assist in lab management
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Undergraduate student in good academic standing with a focus in pharmacy, pharmaceutical science, or a related biological or chemical science field (Second or Third year students preferred)
- Students must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Expected hours: 10 - 20 hours while school is in session; up to 40 hours during school breaks
- Applicants must be highly motivated, self-starters with excellent oral and written communication.
- Applicants must be willing to work with recombinant proteins and engineered cells.
- Candidate should have a strong interest in biochemistry, in vitro pharmacology and with the drug discovery process.
San Diego, CA
Paid Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)