The Clinical Nurse Educator (CNE) is a field-based position reporting to the Associate Director, Clinical Nurse Educators. The primary role of the CNE is to support Academic Institutions, Acute Care Hospitals and key community accounts with educational and on-label promotional programs. The CNE s primary focus is on efficacy, patient adherence and side effect management. The CNE works closely with sales colleagues, Regional Business Directors, Associate Director of Networks, and Marketing to coordinate on-label customer-facing educational activities including in-services, before and after hours programs, and nursing society meetings.
- Work cross functionally to identify customer education needs.
- Work with Region Business Director, Area Director and Associate Director, Clinical Nurse Educators to develop and implement a business plan to educate the market within assigned specialty and geography.
- Deliver disease state educational presentations to nurses, APPs, physicians and other health care providers.
- Partner with national, state and local nursing organizations to support education on assigned disease states.
- Maintain strong working relationships with brand teams and assist in the development of disease-state education pieces.
- Develop relationships with key nurse opinion leaders.
- Manage resources effectively while maintaining accurate records of company related expenditures.
- Identify and communicate customer issues, educational opportunities, and market developments through supervisor and internal partners.
- Attend and participate in franchise meetings, training classes, conventions/conferences, and other business related activities.
- Ability and willingness to travel as required and determined within and outside of the assigned Region.
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree, RN required. OCN strongly recommended.
- Prefer a minimum of 5 years pharmaceutical industry/clinical experience, with an oncology focus.
- Strong clinical expertise and ability to articulate and communicate complex information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and standard programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of the oncology market, preferably focused on the pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to develop professional relationships with internal partners and external customers.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge in related disease states and the ability to serve as a technical and clinical resource to the medical community.
- Ability to manage time and a large geography.
- Ability to resolve customer issues.
- Demonstrate strong Presentation/Platform Skills.
- Demonstrates customer literacy and ability to interpret clinical and market data
- 50% based on location (Position covers Florida and Puerto Rico)
Fort Lauderdale, FL, Fort Meyers, FL, Miami, FL, Tampa, FL