Senior Manager, Account Management Capabilities
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Manager, Account Management Capabilities in our Lexington, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The Senior Manager of Account Management Capabilities is part of the Commercial Capabilities Team in Takeda USBU, whose mission is to build Best-for Takeda Commercial Capabilities to support skill/competency development and embed Next-Gen approaches, process and tools across the business.
The Senior Manager, Account Management Capabilities position primarily supports Account Managers/Institutional Sales Representatives in two business units: Hematology/Rare and Immunology while partnering with other Account Manager teams to pull in and share best practices across the broader USBU. This role establishes and sustains Best-for-Takeda Account Management Capabilities such as Next-Gen negotiation skills, strategic account management, account planning, salesforce development/engagement, business acumen, and insights generation/pull-through.
This role is responsible for assessing, designing, developing, implementing and evaluating ongoing Account Management/Institutional Sales learning needs for Institutional and Account Sales Teams that impact Commercial, Governmental and Integrated Health Systems across these franchises. This individual acts as a strategic partner to Account Management teams/leaders and manages various strategic projects and tasks that will contribute to the success of these teams and the organization. In addition, this individual will help ensure that cross-franchise initiatives and best practices are shared across all franchises in order to maximize the development and execution of the Institutional Account Management teams. Close collaboration with Marketing, Medical, Reimbursement teams, and Sales Leadership is essential for role success.
- Strategic consultant and business partner to Account Manager/Institutional Sales Teams to define and build Best-for-Takeda Account Management Capabilities, primarily focused on Hematology/Rare and Immunology Business Units.
- Builds and executes strategic Account Manager competencies through training and development programs utilizing blended learning approaches, adult learning principles, and outcomes-based objectives.
- Conducts ongoing needs assessments and gap analysis to identify new development needs for Account Managers in HRDBU/IBU; provides recommendations to overall Account Management Capabilities Strategy and roadmap.
- Identifies USBU business needs and priorities and develops a collaborative training plan that aligns to and supports the Account Manager role to drive successful execution. Create, develop and execute an Account Manager training program that aligns to the USBU needs and priorities Based on Account Management Capabilities of Business Acumen, Core Competencies, and Industry best in class standards.
- Create and lead a cross functional institutional forum to customize, design and implement best practice initiatives that drive efficient, effective and successful Account Manager execution in the field.
- Create and lead a continuing education program leveraging industry best practices (external focus). Design educational programs with clear learning objectives that target specific topics related to Account Management Capabilities and utilize internal and external Subject Matter Experts to deliver. Develop metrics that measure program effectiveness against (KPIs) and Account Management Capabilities skills.
- Serves as subject matter expert for Account Managers (Info Desk, Healthcare Dynamics, etc.) to leverage in their roles. This role will work closely with leadership to identify insights tools that meet the needs of the Account Manager in order to drive execution in the field and develop strategies and tactics to impact customers. Training initiatives will be design in cooperation with key vendors and leadership to ensure Account Managers are trained on all tools and resources.
- Designs key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess impact of programs on learners and to ensure objectives are met. Continually monitors indicators (KPIs) and makes appropriate design changes to programs and indicators in order to ensure programs meet the needs identified.
- Lead the Account Manager meeting content for Plan of Action Meetings (POA), Sales Leadership Meetings (SLM), National Sales Meetings (NSM) and other key meetings within HRDBU and IBU. Works with Leadership and Marketing to prioritize key meeting objectives and collaborates to design each session learning objectives, workshops, pre-work, resources and agendas that align to outcomes defined.
- Manages external vendors and ensures projects are delivered as defined, on time and on budget.
- Conduct field visits to evaluate Account Management Capabilities and ensure execution of pull through of development programs. Evaluate execution in the field and design recommendations to increase impact of programs and capabilities.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 6 years pharmaceutical sales experience, with a minimum of 2+ years of Institutional Sales, Account Management, or Account Management Capabilities experience.
- Bachelor degree, masters preferred.
- Working knowledge of at least one of these key areas: Managed Markets, Integrated Delivery Networks, Key Accounts and/or Institutional selling.
- Understands complex selling situations, decision making protocols and key decision maker identification in Biological and Medical Distributors, Specialty Pharmacies, Health Plans, IDNs, Hospitals and Institutions is preferred.
- Elevated knowledge and understanding of Strategy, Tactics and Execution.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete those projects on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and develop people in a complex sales organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to cross functionally collaborate and drive organizational change.
- Proven track record of success across multiple franchises and businesses.
- Remote-based role with a willingness to travel to home office to conduct training, attend sales meetings in the US, or conduct field visits.
- Requires approximately 50 % travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.