Title:Procurement Manager (Indirect Categories) - Vaccines Business Unit Partner
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Procurement Manager in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. Our ideal candidate would have experience in procurement related to Sales, Marketing, Consulting, and similar indirect spend categories, however we are also open to other indirect or even direct goods procurement experience. Minimum of 3 years experience is required. The growth opportunities from this role are nearly limitless with directions into business partnership, sourcing, category management!
- The Procurement Manager is a procurement expert who is able to deliver projects across any non-manufacturing category, with project savings typically up to USD3m. They will work with the Global Category Teams to deliver proactive procurement initiatives in line with the relevant category strategy and annual plan.
- They are responsible for robust project governance and the successful execution and completion of assigned projects in line with agreed targets. They will be responsible for the delivery of measurable business value and cost savings in project implementation through the application of rigorous project management, stakeholder engagement and category management tools, systems and techniques.
- They will execute their day-to-day activities in line with Takeda s Category Management Framework, with a strong focus on strategic sourcing initiatives which aim to qualify and select suppliers that meet the needs of the business at maximum financial benefit. The Procurement Manager will also be engaged in non-sourcing projects such as demand management and process improvement where required.
- The Procurement Manager is required to identify and resolve project risks with proposed resolution plan (ad hoc and planned), with escalation to senior stakeholders where appropriate.
- They will ideally require business level fluency in the region s primary language, but at minimum must be fluent in English. Additional competence in other regional languages is beneficial.
Deliver their assigned projects and targets. Activities will include:
- Delivering agreed targets through project implementation
- Refining the scope of projects to enable delivery in line with the top down targets
- Creating project plans, identifying required resources, identifying / creating all primary deliverables and receiving sign off for all major gateways in line with the Category Management Framework
- Implementing the agreed project plan and reporting on progress to relevant stakeholders
- Collecting the supplier, market, category and internal business data and information required to inform project execution
- Applying agreed Category Management Frameworks and ensuring project delivery is aligned to the long term category strategy, sub-category strategy, business needs and priorities, and any category related policies
- Ensuring the projects agreed to within the Annual Category Plan are executed on a timely basis in line with the targeted goals and that the identified savings are delivered
- Proactively identifying, reporting and mitigating risks to delivery
- Resolving issues and project risks on a timely basis to internal client satisfaction and escalating issues and risks where appropriate
- Liaising with SP&I, P&S and Category teams to ensure the application of the agreed relevant global processes and standards
- Liaising with Procurement Leads to request in country intelligence or other required support as required
- Ensuring a smooth and efficient handover Global / Regional category teams, regional / site teams and the Operational Buying Unit
- Ensure roles and responsibilities are clear for the resources involved in a project that they directly manage or those that they require engagement with and ensure that these responsibilities are clearly communicated and understood
- Provide primary contact for issues relating to activities of the projects they manage and ensure they are addressed and resolved in a timely manner
- Contribute any feedback to employees that they have worked with as requested by their performance managers
- Work in cooperation with Procurement Lead to ensure the correct balance of resources are utilized to deliver projects
- Monitor the progress of projects and pro-actively report any projected shortfall in overall targets or delivery to time as well as identifying potential mitigation strategies
- Identify and mitigate risks to delivery of their project targets, timelines and objectives.
Ensure quality data on project status is available to inform the Procurement Balanced Scorecard
Collaborate with the Procurement Lead, other Procurement Managers and Global / Regional Category Teams to support local implementation of above market initiatives where appropriate.
Participate in sufficient relevant training and skills development to ensure successful project delivery and continuous improvement
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Degree level educated, with business or life sciences degree preferable
- 3+ years Procurement or Supply Chain experience delivering measurable value in strategic sourcing, enterprise cost reduction, and / or operational efficiency projects
- Demonstrated understanding of some / all of the major indirect spend categories and potential cost levers or market fundamentals
- 3+ years of Project Management experience including risk management, project reporting, and delivering quantitative and qualitative results in complex and pressured environments
- Demonstrated success in managing projects to deliver against set targets
- Demonstrated experience in delivering results and managing projects across markets
- Strong experience in upwards communication and senior stakeholder management
- Good facilitation and upwards management skills supported by good interpersonal competencies (communication, influencing)
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Proven capability in negotiation, conflict resolution and stakeholder management
- Expert proficiency in basic MS Office software including experience in MS Project and other business systems
- Knowledgeable in Procurement specific systems and processes for the efficient management of sourcing events and contract negotiations (e.g. eSourcing, eAuction) with familiarity and awareness of relevant legal risks and issues
- Strong analytical experience including ability to drive insights from large and varied data sources, data visualization applications (e.g. Tableau, Qlikview) and database applications (e.g. Access)
- Experience with enterprise systems (SAP, Oracle) and Procurement / procure-to-pay tools such as (e.g. Ariba, Emptoris, SAP) is preferred
- Post graduate business related qualification
- Life Sciences or Management Consulting industry experience
- Any Project Management (e.g. ISEB, Prince 2), professional purchasing (e.g. CIPS) or Finance related licenses or certifications would be considered advantageous
- Ability to travel (air and ground both domestic and internationally) for up to 30% of time for meetings at Takeda and supplier sites.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.