Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an Medical Director, TA Imaging Lead in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- To lead Takeda s efforts to discover and develop novel, or utilize existing, imaging modalities to support the portfolio (Rare Diseases, and/or CNS, and/or Oncology, and/or GI therapeutic areas)
- To lead Translational Imaging Platform activities for assigned TA
- To provide technical and strategic advice to projects seeking to employ imaging biomarkers
- To lead the validation and implementation of imaging techniques to support business decisions for the Takeda portfolio.
- To contribute to building and maintaining a global, preferred External Imaging Center Network for Takeda.
- Serve as an in-house Subject Matter Expert in Imaging, across all phases of discovery & development
- Build and maintain key stakeholder relationships with translational research and clinical development (DDU, QTS, and TAU)
- Work with program teams and other advanced technology groups to optimally devise and implement imaging biomarkers in drug development plans and clinical studies
- Represent Imaging on cross-functional Global Product Teams (GPTs), Clinical Sub-Teams (CSTs) and Translational Sub-Teams (TSTs) to support imaging strategies and implementation plans
- Provide advice and recommendations to development teams about the appropriateness, utility, feasibility, limitations and benefits of various imaging techniques
- Validate and operationalize imaging biomarkers to be fit-for-purpose for drug development
- Ensure the proper implementation of imaging in clinical trials by scientific guidance on choice of imaging core lab and external imaging collaborators, by input into study protocols and imaging-specific trial documents, and by oversight of imaging conduct and imaging deliverables
- Enable the conduct of imaging studies across technological platforms and geographies
- Contribute to developing and testing clinical diagnostics strategy for later stage implementation
- Maintain a state-of-the-art knowledge of advances in imaging and assess these advances for their potential value in lean and efficient preclinical or clinical studies
- Serve as a knowledgeable Takeda representative on imaging issues to external imaging experts, imaging biomarker activities and consortia
- Contribute to developing external relationships with key academic imaging centers, imaging diagnostics companies and imaging CROs
Education and Experience:
- MD/PhD or MD
- Minimum of 7-10 years of clinical imaging experience along with pharmaceutical drug development and translational/early clinical plan development.
- Cross-imaging modality expertise strongly preferred (MRI, PET, SPECT, CT, X-ray) including basic science knowledge of preclinical and clinical imaging modalities as well as design and implementation of clinical imaging trials.
- Knowledge of preclinical imaging science and data to enable 2-way translation to clinic and back.
- Experience in managing teams in the pharma imaging-related context
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, including presentational capabilities.
- Superior analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to engage in collaborative discussions on imaging biomarkers in innovative drug discovery from early preclinical through to late stage development.
- Ability to apply innovative imaging technologies in a fit for purpose manner in the drug discovery process.
- Experienced in lean clinical development
- Knowledge of basic science
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.