Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Associate Scientific Director in our Lexington, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Partners with internal stakeholders in the creation and development of the scientific platform / scientific narrative for assigned product/program
- Participates in strategic planning and manages US Medical Affairs activities such as medical and scientific training, advisory boards, and medical conferences for assigned product/program.
- Contributes to the development and execution of integrated medical strategy and leads multi-channel communication/training materials for assigned product or program.
- Interacts and facilitates relationships with external societies and advocacy groups as appropriate
- Involved in alliance partner engagements and relationships for the TA as appropriate.
- Act as a lead for assimilation, dissemination and archival product of medical and scientific content developed for internal and external USMO materials.
- Participates and/or leads cross-functional meetings with USMO teams as well as other groups as assigned
- Manages medical affairs activities relevant to the science, disease state and competitive clinical data pertinent to an assigned product/program in the TA
- Represents USMO by providing scientific and/or strategic insights to teams in various venues, such as; Commercial and cross-functional TA/product teams, launch planning teams, the TA Medical Unit, alliance working groups and any other teams designated
- Responsible for driving regional (U.S.) medical advisory boards for the assigned product/program per company and OEC guidelines, developing objectives, outlining the scope, and providing recommendations on advisor types.
- Monitors an integrated medical strategy for assigned program/product including budgets and identifying risks as needed.
- Works closely with functional partners on strategy development, alignment and the execution of plans for assigned product/program
- Works with and facilitates cross-functional development of activities that are aligned with the medical strategies to support a designated product/program, including oversight for relevant training.
- Develops and maintains a broad network of good working relationships with internal Takeda colleagues (such as GMA, R&D, Marketing, Managed Care, Sales, and other affiliates) to ensure that Medical Affairs strategies are integrated with those of the larger Takeda organization.
- Participates in the development of the integrated US launch plan and can serve as a medical affairs participant on the extended launch team for assigned product/program
- Collaborates with the Health Economics & Outcomes team and appropriate commercial colleagues to develop product value proposition for payers/providers for an assigned product/program
- Collaborates with field medical affairs leaders in the development and execution of a US KOL engagement plan for an assigned product/program or TA.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- The position requires an advanced degree (ex., PhD, PharmD, MD) in a medical or science-related specialty, although years of experience in the medical field may be considered in lieu of an advanced degree.
- At least 8 years of healthcare or related experience (clinical practice, research, academic or other) following award of said degree, including 4 years of pharmaceutical industry experience (R&D, medical affairs and/or commercial functions).
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and able to engender trust and respect of colleagues
- Display the scientific acumen and communicative abilities to effectively engage with thought leaders, medical affairs leadership, research and development, management, and other key internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant connections and integration points between Medical Affairs and stakeholders across the R&D and Commercial functions.
- Proven track record of fostering teamwork, leading cross-functional teams, timely decision making and results orientation in meeting objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and negotiate projects and priorities across functions and/or organizations.
- Leadership and management skills, and ability to work as team player.
- Clinical, research, or teaching experience.
- 4 or more years of combined experience in assigned TA.
- MBA or relevant business degree
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, Medical Affairs processes and/or previous cross functional experience.
25-40% of domestic and international travel will be required to attend key internal and relevant professional meetings.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Program
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.