Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Medical Director, Gastroenterology Retail in our Lexington, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Medial Director working on the Gastroenterology team, you will be empowered to provide near and long-term strategic direction. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda s mission. A typical day will include:
The Medical Director will provide near and long term strategic direction as well as development and oversight of the scientific platform in support of the product strategies for assigned compounds within a specific therapeutic area.
- Lead and direct relevant medical responsibilities by providing scientific insight and development of strategy for assigned compounds by participating and leading committees to realize Takeda s overall vision.
- Committees may include: Functional and Commercial Planning Teams strategic Global Program Teams (GPTs), various development committees, Medical-Regulatory-Legal (MRL) Teams, IISR and Medical Affairs Research committees, phase 4 / life cycle management Committees, Medical Education Committees, Publication teams , etc. and other teams as designated or as the compounds evolve and progress in development.
- Interact internally with senior level Takeda management; advise and negotiate, as required, to guide the overall activities of the specific compound(s) and therapeutic area.
- Develop and maintain relationships externally through Advisory Boards, Professional Associations, Professional Meetings and Conferences, etc. to achieve Takeda s scientific objectives.
- Assist in managing the budget for the specific Cost Center and provide direction and oversight for the overall therapeutic area budget.
- Provide medical direction and review for pre and post launch regulatory strategies (which may include label (PI), protocols, Supplemental NDA s, etc)
- Either directly, or indirectly through supervision, oversee the medical review and sign off of promotional pieces in support of the Medical-Regulatory-Legal committee for products within the specific therapeutic area(s).
- Participate in the publications strategy for assigned compounds by providing scientific and publication planning input.
- Provide input to confidential New Business Development opportunities within the respective therapeutic area of expertise, as required.
- Provide support for departmental initiatives that further our business, and support other departments within Takeda such as New Product Planning, Government Affairs, and some TAU related projects, etc.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- MD degree or DO degree preferred with at least 7 years of relevant clinical practice, research, academic and/or pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Other advanced degreed professionals (PharmD, Ph. D) considered depending on past relevant pharmaceutical industry experience, and/or clinical work, research, or academic endeavors
- Experience with clinical research, publication activities, congress presentations, and public speaking.
- Board certification in therapeutic area related to the position
- Life cycle management experience.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine