Takeda's year-round internship program blends real world experience with an overview of the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience. Compensation is competitive.
Successful candidates will work closely with a senior-level computation biologist on topics related to the bioinformatics analysis and interpretation for drug discovery projects involving in omics data.
- Must be deadline driven and have a high level of organizational and planning skills
- The ideal candidate exhibits strong analytical, problem-solving, and oral and written communication skills; he or she also possesses the ability to work well in teams, effectively manage multiple projects, and present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Experience in MS Office applications
- Test, designs and develops methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze large omics datasets and metadata sources to generate actionable insights and interpretation for pre-clinical research questions in drug discovery assays.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited university for the semester before and immediately following the internship.
- Must be a student pursuing advanced degree in Bioinformatics,/Computational Biology or similar majors
- Strong programming skills in R/Python. Familiar with machine learning libraries is preferred
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux shell, AWS/HPC environment is preferred
- Experience in developing and supporting NGS data processing and analysis pipeline
- Quick learner, Working knowledge in molecular biology and clinical data
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
San Diego, CA
Paid Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)