More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. ranks among the top 15 pharmaceutical companies in the United States. Our larger U.S. offices are in Cambridge, MA, Deerfield, IL, and San Diego, CA. Research & Development employees in our Cambridge location focus on oncology, gastroenterology, immunomodulation, biologics, translational research, and external innovation. In March 2016, we opened our newest space at 300 Massachusetts Avenue, featuring 230,000 square feet of state-of-the-art office and lab space.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us! Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Director, Liver Diseases Research, Gastroenterology Drug Discovery Unit in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Associate Director, Liver Disease working in the Gastroenterology Drug Discovery Unit team, you will be empowered to work cross-functionally with various Takeda teams to contribute towards GI drug pipeline:
The Associate Scientific Director, Liver Disease Research working in the Gastroenterology Drug Discovery Unit will:
- lead collaborative efforts with internal and external partners focused on the validation of targets and the evaluation of novel anti-fibrotic drug candidates for the treatment of chronic liver diseases
- be a strong scientific thinker with significant experience in the molecular/cellular basis of liver diseases such as NASH/fibrosis and/or in drug development/pharmacology
- design and implement extensive scientific research projects in collaboration with internal research teams, external partners and/or CROS
- be a highly collaborative and energetic scientist with superior communication skills, who can balance multiple, collaborative projects and act as senior scientific consultant to and/or leader of early-stage matrix project teams
- Develops and oversees novel scientific projects and manages the work of others directly as well as in a matrixed structure
- Oversees the design and execution of relevant target and drug candidate validation studies using contemporary methods and tools.
- Leads efforts to determine mechanism of action for drug targets and candidates using state-of-the-art methods and tools
- Lead or participate on cross-functional teams and provide technical leadership in area of expertise
- Prepare technical reports, summaries and quantitative analyses in written and/or oral form
- Proactively identify complex obstacles to progress in specific areas; recommend and implement solutions using a diverse set of resources; regularly add value to research projects through creative ideas
- Manage a wide variety of tasks, techniques, and projects; integrate these responsibilities to produce quality result with a high level of efficiency
- Supports or identifies BD opportunities to enhance project progression, or functional capability expansion, with clear and specific application to needs of the liver portfolio
- Act as a scientific mentor
- Communicate with colleagues effectively
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 5+ years experience , or MS with 10+ years experience, or BS with 12+ years experience
- Expertise in the design and execution of in vivo and in vitro studies for the evaluation of liver-related biology and NASH/fibrosis pathology
- Deep knowledge of animal models of liver disease, NASH and fibrosis and cell systems for evaluating interactions between hepatocyte, macrophage, stellate and/or endothelial cells
- Expertise in one therepaeutic modaility (small molecules, antibodies & biologics, ASOs/siRNA) and familiarity with the other modalities
- Independently manages workload and expectations
- Scientific driver for research strategy that impacts group internally and outside area of function
- The position is based in Cambridge, MA.
- Requires approximately 15-20% or more travel, including international travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs