The intern will conduct in vitro biology experiments to advance drug discovery research in the Neuroscience Drug Discovery Unit.
- Design and execute a series of experiments to develop reproducible in vitro assays for drug discovery projects
- Utilize contemporary neuroscience principles and technologies in the proposal and execution of experiments
- Perform literature searches and follow current literature in support of research
- Collaborate closely with a broad group of scientists
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Applicants should be highly motivated with a keen interest in neuroscience research
- Students must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Neuroscience Undergraduate or graduate students, who have taken or are currently enrolled in Neuroscience lectures and labs
- Applicant should demonstrate an excellent academic record in pursuit of a degree in neuroscience ( Minimum GPA: 3.0 /4.0)
- Applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited university for the semester before and immediately following the internship.
San Diego, CA
Paid Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)