At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The Associate Medical Director Translational Research GI DDU is a global leader responsible to provide and implement Translational Medicine Strategies and Plans for projects and to secure execution.
The successful candidate will play a critical role in progression of projects from research to Prof of Concept (PoC) in patients.
- As a medical and scientific research leader within the GI DDU, working within a highly matrixed & virtual environment.
- Responsible for establishing Translational Medicine (TM) Strategies and Plans for project at project start and through PoC in humans including revers translation.
- Responsible to secure timely execution of TM strategies and plans with high quality driving decision making.
- Defines, implements and execute TM strategy and plans for GI DDU Disease area and projects via global matrix teams of internal and external partners
- Collaborates with and influences cross-functional matrix teams from Research, the Gastroenterology Therapeutic Area Unit, Legal, Business Development, etc.
- Builds relationships & collaborates with scientific leaders, KOLs, academic partners, CROs and biotech companies and is a subject matter expert.
- Contributes key input to other GI DDU diseases of interest.
- Is a member of the GI DDU matrix team and contributes to strategic decisions to advance research projects from early stages to developmental stages in a way that maximizes the likelihood of long term success (PoC and beyond)
- Seeks, evaluates and proposes preclinical and clinical in licensing candidates from institutions and companies and provides expert input to GI TAU business development team
- Identifies, engages, and ensures the success of key external collaborations.
- Acts as a strategic research liaison for relevant GI projects ongoing globally
- Responsible for oversight of local external partnerships (CRO, academic labs, etc.) to ensure milestones, deliverables are met according to timelines and expectations of quality.
- Represents Takeda and is responsible for creating a presence in the local GI and related scientific community through scientific meetings, advisory boards, online research communities, etc.
- Keeps up with the up-to-date scientific advancement (e.g. competitive situation, new technology, new research portfolio, and new partnership) and is well informed about current regulatory (FDA, EMA, etc.) requirements and trends
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- M.D. with preferably a Ph.D or research experience and with industry and leadership experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years of directly related experience within industry and academia and a proven leader in translational research in GI diseases, inflammation, cell therapy and/or microbiome.
- Internationally recognized leader in area of expertise
- Strong leadership skills and acumen.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Capable of leading a matrixed team comprised of scientists and physicians from within Takeda as well as external collaborators.
- Has a proven track record in successfully executing translational work with proven bridge between experimental systems and human studies
- This position may be based in Cambridge, MA or San Diego, CA. Requires approximately 20% or more travel, including international.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.