Title:Manager Independent Medical Education (IME)
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Manager Independent Medical Education in our Lexington, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Manager Independent Medical Education working on the US Medical Office team, you will be empowered to Develops therapeutic area (TA)(s) medical education strategy and objectives in close collaboration with TA medical strategy review team (Medical Directors, Scientific Directors, functional representatives). In this role, you will contribute to Takeda s mission by leading cross functional teams (i.e. Medical Strategy, Grant review) in the development of IME strategies and objectives to meet identified needs of the medical and scientific community and assure alliance with scientific platforms and business objectives. A typical day will include:
- Leads TA educational needs assessment projects including setting strategic goals, vendor selection and publication plans
- Manages and is responsible for the strategic review, approval, and evaluation of educational grants
- Serves as the IME TA strategic point for interacting with grant requestors (i.e. academic institutions, professional societies, medical education providers) and internal partners including grant review teams, OEC, Legal, GMA
- Designs and implements internal communication plans to share metrics and impact of IME supported for a therapeutic area (s)
- Develops the annual TA educational grant budget and is responsible for executing in a fiscally responsible manner ensuring alignment with strategy and objectives and making budget adjustments in response to changing business needs.
- Leads strategic review and approval of educational grants and serves as a voting member of the grant review team.
- Leads the development of call for grant applications (CGA s) seeking input from TA Medical Directors, Scientific Directors, Publication Managers and other MA members as needed. Manages the Legal and OEC approval process, posting, review and strategic decisions related to CGA s.
- Oversees the day to day operational and project management activities related to the educational grant and medical affairs sponsorship processes (i.e., intake, review, tracking, change of scope, reconciliation, closeout and reporting processes) recommending enhancements to processes as identified.
- Analyzes final evaluation reports from grant recipients and in partnership with IME, MEA leadership, project manager and grant review committee shares results, insights and identified medical and educational gaps to internal stakeholders (OEC, Corporate Communications, Legal, TA strategy teams, Alliances, etc.).
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree required, preferably in a health sciences related field
- Advanced degree in a health sciences or education related field (i.e. PhD, PharmD, NP, PA, RD, MPH, MsEd)
- 4 years experience in medical affairs, medical education, scientific/educational granting, or related experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge of and experience with legal and regulatory guidelines associated with independent medical education, pharmaceutical industry research and publication guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, timelines, and deliverables. Proactively identifies, communicates and resolves project issues. Understands finance principles and applies them in managing project and therapeutic area budgets
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret technical and scientific terms across multiple therapeutic areas.
- Communication Skills: Ability to articulate technical and scientific information in a concise and clear manner with internal and external stakeholders (i.e., SADs, Medical Directors, Alliance partners, Legal, Compliance, grant requestors, professional societies, patient advocacy groups)
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel PowerPoint, and Project Management software.
- Understanding of and experience with IT systems and programs related to managing educational grants, training activities and budgets.
- Neuroscience/ Psychiatry experience and expertise
- 1-2 years pharmaceutical experience
- Background in survey research, behavioral assessment, educational outcomes/statistical analysis and or health outcomes research.
- Certified Healthcare CPD professional CHCP certification preferred.
- Ability to drive to or fly to internal departmental meetings and/or external medical, scientific and education meetings.
- Overnight travel (10-20%), including some weekend commitments
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.