Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Global Medical Lead New Programs - Motility in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- To be the member of the GI Global Medical Franchise who leads the strategic planning and execution of a robust patient-centric Global Medical Affairs framework for the early pipeline assets in the GI Motility Disease area.
- To be a key contributor for the cross-functional development of the Asset Strategy and Target Product Profile, its implementation and delivery for the Assets within the Global Project Teams and GI Medical Franchise.
- Partners with other R&D and Commercial stakeholders in establishing a medical strategy which is wholly aligned with Takeda GI vision.
- Is a core member of the Global Project Teams for the GI Motility assets, represents the Medical function and champions the patient-value creation aspects early on in the assets life-cycle.
- Works cross-functionally to develop and implement significant Global Medical Affairs (GMA) activities for strategically assigned assets.
- Partners with the Commercial and Clinical stakeholders in establishing a medical strategy which is wholly aligned with the overall asset strategy.
- Drives, articulates and socialize an ongoing data driven context check to frame key data releases, extract and exploit value and pre-identify and address data gaps supporting both assets and disease area assumptions (related to the context)
- Responsible for driving alignment on medical content/messaging within the organization to ensure maximal functional and regional input as needed.
- Represents GMA supporting "Disease Area Strategies"
- Supports Market Access and Data Science teams with medical/scientific expertise.
- Contributes to creating the Medical Strategy document with input from the Regional/Local Operating Company Medical Directors
- Provides functional leadership to contribute to successful advancement through development stages and seamless transition to Product Medical Units when Phase III ready.
- Provides medical leadership for external interactions with stakeholders including key opinion leaders, advisory boards, academic groups, scientific societies, and patient advocacy groups.
- Contributes to data generation plans
- Takes the lead on drafting and final writing of protocols for Medical Affairs Company Sponsored studies and Collaborative research projects.
- Contributes to the delivery and alignment of the GMA medical strategy plan in collaboration with Regional MDs and relevant LOC s.
- Responsible for review and certification of assigned asset-related clinical content material development for medical education, medical communication, publications and Key Opinion Leader (KOL) engagement plans
- Provides medical-scientific training to internal/external stakeholders as required
- Supports Global Medical Head by providing input into the Medical Franchise Strategy document. As needed, contributes to consultation/evaluation of business development activities in the therapeutic area.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- MD, PharmD, PhD(MBA is a plus), at least 3 years of demonstrated leadership in a pharmaceutical Medical Affairs role and preferably a minimum of 5 years total pharma industry experience
- At least 3 years experience working in the area of immune mediated disorders, Neurogastroenterology, motility or Gastroenterology. Specific experience in Gastrointestinal motility disorders is desiderable.
- Experience working on Global Products engaging with International KOLs and delivering on a multinational value-proposition for the assigned product
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in complex matrix environments
- Deep knowledge of pharmaceutical industry dynamics and trends including a good understanding of the life cycle of a brand from cross-functional perspectives (e.g. marketing, pricing and reimbursement, supply chain).
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills, including proven success in communicating ideas to build collaborative work relationships
- Advanced interpersonal and negotiation skills including clear achievements in positively influencing key stakeholders
- Fluency in English
- Direct experience in drug development and/or good understanding of development techniques
- Proven experience in and understanding of multiple regional/country markets
- Deep understanding of the brand(s)/therapeutic area and the stakeholders needs
- Fluency in more than one language
- The position will require approximately 10-20% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.