Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an Associate Medical Director in our Takeda R&D Physician Scientist Accelerator Program in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The Associate Medical Director will be joining the Takeda R&D Physician Scientist Accelerator Program with the objective of developing enhanced knowledge of the drug development process and practical working experience in an accelerated manner., This will be achieved through a 2-year custom program that combines three elements: (1) customized on-the-job training in different R&D departments (3-5 rotations of 4-6 months duration); (2) participation in the Drug Development Curriculum and, (3) leadership development. At the end of the two year program, pending successful completion employees will be placed in a pre-selected department.
- Working in different R&D departments according to the agreed-upon Rotation Plan
- The individual will work in different R&D departments as defined in the individualized plan for Rotation Program (3-5 rotations of 4-6 months duration)
- Each department defines a list of tasks and activities that the individual is expected to fulfill
- The participant will be working with the Supervisor who is assigned from each department to oversee and guide the work
- Participating in the Drug Development Curriculum
- The individual will participate in the Drug Development Curriculum. The course entails participation in weekly/by-weekly seminars and additional individual work with literature (reading and critical analysis)
- Participating in the leadership development initiatives
- The individual will participate in a number of leadership development initiatives during the 2-year program. The schedule for these will be agreed upon at the program commencement
- Working with Executive Sponsor and Mentor
- An Executive Sponsor is appointed to each participant for the 2-year duration of the program. The Executive Sponsor conducts performance reviews, with input from department leads, mentors, and HR and SPA representatives. The participant is expected to establish and maintain a regular working relationship with the Executive Sponsor
- Each participant will also be assigned a Mentor. The Mentor is a senior level executive in the industry, either from inside or outside Takeda, who will provide valuable support and guidance. The participant is expected to establish and maintain a regular working relationship with the Mentor
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- MD or internationally recognized equivalent, board certified (or internationally recognized equivalent) in internal medicine or a subspecialty
- Clinical patient care experience
- Established record of research accomplishments (PhD or equivalent degree, list of publications, grants, research awards etc)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including writing, reviewing and editing scientific documents
- Superior interpersonal skills, diplomacy and positive influencing abilities
- Ability to work and drive decision-making within a multi-disciplinary, multi-regional, matrix teams
- Good fit with Takeda core values and leadership principles
- Right attitude (agile, curious, open-minded, can-do mindset)
- Superior therapeutic area knowledge and solid understanding of emerging research in designated therapeutic area (if applicable)
- PhD (or internationally recognized equivalent)
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings or R&D sites including overnight trips
- Ability to spend longer period of time at a different R&D site (weeks or several months)
- Some international travel may be required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.