Title: Senior Manager, Market Research - Mood Disorders
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Manager of Market Research in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Senior Manager of Market Research working on the Customer Insights team, you will contribute to Takeda s mission by having wide influence over market research and execution of strategy, with a specific focus on supporting the Mood Disorders Franchise.
The Sr. Manager, Market Research will be responsible for qualitative and quantitative market research to address and challenge business information needs. This position analyzes primary and secondary data sources to derive insights for stakeholders across functions for multiple products. The position serves as a consulting expert in marketing analysis, brand planning, situation analysis and project manager. Is responsible for designing and developing project plans, and coordination and preparation of analysis that are incorporated directly into the brand s Plan, LBE and other critical brand team decision process.
The Sr Manager, functions as an internal partner to at least two brand teams to drive, challenge and / or validate strategic business and / or tactical marketing decisions using decision science and provides quantitative research consulting advice, project management and therapeutic area expertise in areas of critical business need that includes the identification of peak share, attribute importance and . This role is considered a subject matter expert on a therapeutic area or research methodology.
A critical role of this position is to represent analytics and insights functions at appropriate brand team meetings, present integrated market overviews and make recommendations to further the brand based on secondary data, primary market research and knowledge of market place. This position works closely with members of marketing, sales, finance, and legal, as well as external agencies and alliance partners.
- Leads and manages the development of a holistic cross-functional point of view to address brands and/or cross-functional business questions that require the integration of output from marketing analytics, sales analytics, decision science, and primary market research. Creates value by adding insights from primary market research into the recommendation.
- Identify internal and external resource requirements and negotiates resources to meet brand team needs.
- Determines research methodology based on the objectives of the studies.
- Develops, executes and implements research processes across specific Brands to ensure a consistent analysis and interpretation of customer and market research results that provide insights into commercial strategy and decision making.
- Manages and imparts operational excellence in project management and qualitative and quantitative techniques and new market research approaches to answer business objectives.
- Develops and manages expectations, highlighting and resolving issues and ensure regular communication of processes enhancements.
- Develops and maintains deep expertise in past, current, and anticipated therapeutic area issues, industry trends, competitor products, and future pipeline products. Able to use market knowledge to guide brand team s strategy.
- Organizes information to assist in analyzing future products and makes recommendations for the development of new products or services.
- Assists in the creation and management of annual market research plans. Works with brand teams and agency staff to develop integrated multi-year launch plans.
- Stays abreast of best practices and innovations in market research industry and quantitative research methodologies. Creates departmental training tools / processes and shares best practices.
- Assists in recruiting new hires. Trains and mentors analysts and provides performance feedback.
- Able to manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously
- Management of relationships with vendors, ad agencies, internal clients and co-promotion partner.
- If outsourcing appropriate, selects supplier and manages vendors on analytic plans, methodologies, and final deliverables.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
- BA or BS in an analytical field such as statistics, operations research, management science, industrial engineering, economics, math, etc.
- 4+ years statistical analysis and/or quantitative market research experience.
- 2+years pharmaceutical market research experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Advanced degree in business, marketing and social sciences
- Experience on client or supplier side of industry
- Experience in consulting in pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
Knowledge and Skills:
- Complete understanding and application of quantitative principles, concepts, practices, and standards and working knowledge of marketing analytics, sales analytics and qualitative market research.
- Ability to thrive under tight deadline and work confidently amidst ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading and influencing cross-functional teams. Able to gain buy-in and promote shared ownership of projects.
- Must possess excellent analytic problem and proactive problem solving skills. Analyzes situations to think of new solutions and able to make recommendations.
- Excellent communication ideas including written and in-person presentation skills in a persuasive and appropriate manner. Ability to frequently communicate changes and intententions with high level of transparency to all stakeholders.
- Able to set priorities, develop and manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously.
- Knowledge of market research industry principals and practices. Ability to draw insights from data and research findings.
- Ability to actively and objectively listen to clients to assure research design addresses business needs.
- Demonstrated project planning and project management skills.
- Ability to build strong positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Ability to manage vendor relationships and maintain an accurate budget for brands.
- Ability to manage internal and external resources (people, information, technologies, time, and capital); allocates resources appropriately, given organization, group and individual goals and objectives to align with business goals.
- Ablity to quickly learn about therapeutic area and products.
- Confidence to try new solutions and willingness to take calculated risks associated with innovation and change in research processes.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.